Chapter eight : Holds a Key Spelt for Disaster

I sprinted.

I could feel Predator's owl eyes penetrating the back of my head. My side screamed. My breathing coming in gulps as I tried hard not fall.

I turned a corner.

My head was now pounding. Filling with all the noise and questions floating around and slamming into the side of my skull.

The knives were still in my grip.

I looked behind me. Which was a horrible mistake.

Predator's eyes held so much of the same emotion that I wanted to double over and stay there. To forget, to be normal, to live before, live in a different time, to forget, forget, forge-

'Stay focus.'

I turned another corner.

The same time predator leaped. Same time I stumbled. Same time I dropped one of my knives. Same time I looked further and saw-

Same time I dodged Predators claws.

"Hello rat." Predator says with a smile.

I coughed a little into my mask, before looking at Predator.

"Hello chicken." I manage to say. A small smirk playing beneath my mask.

Predator snarls at my answer and makes a grab for me.

I stumble away and up off the ground. Before Predator could make for a leap at me again, I was up and trying to run again.

My side was worse than before, it was getting harder to breathe as I tried to make for the end of the hallway.

'I hate physical activity...'

I was almost there before I was slammed into the ground. I let out a soundless cry of pain as my side and head collided with the ground.

The knife I was hanging onto flew out of my grasp and skidded away near the end of the hall.

Predator's claws grabbed onto my hoodie and pulled me up to look at him. I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to see through the pounding in my head. 

I see him smile.

I see him rear back my head.

I feel my fists tighten.

I feel the moment I punch him in the face.

Predator lets go of my hoodie. The dizziness in my head didn't give me enough time to cushion my landing as I fell back on to my head.

Colours surrounded my vision at the impact.

I lay there trying to get the ringing to stop and the colours to reside.

I got on to my hands and knees.

'Come on, almost there.' I think as I try to stand.

I felt one of my hands get yanked back, I turn to see Predator staring at me with a bloody noise.

"Not so fast little rat." He says with a snarl.

I glare at him with so much pain and anger behind it, that I see him flinch and lean back a bit.

I unwrapped my left capture weapon in that moment and fling it at him. It wrapped around his face blinding him. He calls out in surprise, but I just tighten my hold. Predator tries clawing at my capture weapon with his claws, trying to rip through the blindfold.

I unravel my right capture gear and try to latch on to his now clawed hands. The weakness from my wounds hindered me while I tried to wrap his clawed hands together.