Chapter twenty : That Surely now Meant Nothing

I was currently in a police station.

When Zawa said he'd be at the morgue in 5 minutes, he really meant he'd be there in 5 minutes. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he got fined for passing through red lights and speeding.

From the TV I'd past on the way to Tsukauchi's office, my death was only just being broad casted. I'd say the police weren't going to start saying that it's now false because said teenager was now alive and breathing, that'd be weird.

Zawa and Mic were currently watching me as I drank a cup of jasmine tea, while I swung my legs back n forth on my chair. I was sitting in Tsukauchi office, it's a cramp office.

Taking a sip, I sighed into the cup.

Tsukauchi walks in and closes his door with a silent click. Walking around the desk he sits in his swivel chair with a sigh then looks up to stare at me.

"So, let me get this straight..." He starts. "You died, then a few days later you somehow woke up again, alive and breathing?"

"Yep!" I say, popping the 'p'.

"How is he telling the truth?" He asks himself under his breath, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"...Are you Jesus?" Mic whispers only to get elbowed in the side by Zawa whose right beside him.

"Nope!" I say with a smile, happily enjoying their suffering.

"Then how are you alive?!"Mic whispered shouted, looking at me with wide eyes. They were still slightly puffy and red from crying when they'd seen me at the morgue. All three of them, Tsukauchi included had hugged me and cried.

"I could tell you..." I start saying taking a sip of my jasmine tea as all three of them lean forward in their chairs.

"...But I'm enjoying your suffering, so you have to guess!" I finish, legs still swinging back n forth.

They all lean back dramatically, frowns appearing on their faces at my games. Zawa groans into his hands and starts shaking his head back n forth and begins mumbling to himself.

"You are utterly unbelievable, why can't you be a normal teenager...?" Zawa says, lifting his head to lean against the back of his chair as he talks.

I laugh slightly into my cup as I take another sip of tea, smirking over the rim.

"Twist, there's honestly no way to guess, it was simply as the fact that you shouldn't be alive right now. You. Should. Be. Dead." Tsukauchi deadpans at me, trying to stare me in the eyes.

"True but I'm not, am I?" I ask him

"You win okay? Just tell me!!" Mic says throwing his arms into the air.

"Why? Where's the fun in that?" I ask.

"There is none, and that's the point." Zawa answers, head still lent back, and eyes closed.

"Party pooper..." I mumble sitting my tea on Tsukauchi desk beside me where there weren't papers and pens littered.

"Fine..."

'Hey, Death, it's your time to shine.' I thought mentally smirking.

'Finally, I honestly thought you weren't going to tell them.' Death answers.

Then suddenly he was standing behind me.

In all his deathly glory.

Silence blanketed the room for all five seconds in till Death spoke up.