Chapter 1 (b) - Lust at First Sight (Ethan Ramsey)

Ethan Ramsey's POV:

*Punch*... *kick*

It was 06:00am and Ethan Ramsey had just finished his intense workout session by punching and kicking his punch-bag repeatedly for a full half-an hour whilst the music of Splitnot was playing at full blast in the background. This was his favourite and most effective way of letting off steam before work started. Ethan used to use his Voodoo Doll to cast negative energies on his enemies, but the spirits always came back to haunt him. His Voodoo Doll was stored deeply behind his books in his office for nobody to find. When he stopped using his Voodoo Doll, he purchased a dartboard and would stick the picture of somebody he hated and played bull's-eye. Whilst the bulls'-eye was a more positive way for Ethan to release his hate for others and life, he was still angry. Like the Voodoo Doll, the dart-board was gathering dust after being placed behind a painting he bought in Iceland when he witnessed the beautiful Northern Lights. Ethan discovered that boxing was the perfect way for him to release all his frustrations and negative emotions; physically and emotionally. Whenever he finished his boxing sessions he felt as though he was a newborn; free of sins.

After his workout, Ethan ventured to the nearest staff changing room to have a quick shower. Even though orientation for the new interns was 3 hours away, there was already a handful buzzing around looking full of life and excited for the day ahead. Grr! Here we ago... Ethan got out of their company before anyone could recognise and annoy him. Ethan went to the cafeteria and picked a toasted salmon bagel with cream inside. The only thing I'm probably going to eat for the rest of the day. Ethan returned to his office and started his next session; yoga and meditation.

*Embrace the stillness*

Ethan sat in complete silence on his yoga mat on the floor in his office meditating; whilst listening to the soothing words on his iPhone from his 'Calm' app. This was the way everyone thought and saw as Ethan's way of de-stressing. Whilst Ethan appreciated yoga and meditating; it had help him learn how to control his breathing and he found it very useful to do before a day that was going to be a stressful or a day, which proved to be stressful, it couldn't compete with his boxing. Ethan showed nobody his boxing side, it was his secret and he didn't want anyone to take advantage. Also when he boxed he imagined the people who had done him wrong that day and how he'd like to smash their faces in, all negative thoughts being battered away. He couldn't let anyone know what he truly thought, especially if he didn't like them. Meditation helped keep his battered thoughts at bay.

*Knock, knock*

Ethan's eyes opened wide from the rude interruption. Everyone knew how Ethan's time in the morning was extremely precious to him and needed. Who is stupid enough to interrupt me at this time? Only one person who has the balls to do so...Harper.

"Ethan, open up. It's Harper" I was right.

"Give me a second" Ethan hurried up on his feet and rolled up his yoga mat. He folded up his punching-bag back in its box, before letting Harper in his office.

"You look good" Harper told him. He hated it when people told him he looked good or well. It was a way of telling him that other times he looked like crap.

"What do you want?" he snapped

"Don't be like that Ethan" that's what you deserve for interrupting my time; my precious time, which you know how important it is.

"Today's the day" Harper beamed

"I know" he said irritated. Oh how he knew it was the day; today. He had been dreading it for the past several weeks.

"Are you going to come to orientation?"

"Why bother asking me, you know I never do"

"I thought you might today; it's going to be different"