Chapter 3 (a) - No Holding Back (Primrose)

11:00 am

"Can you believe we have been doctors for almost a week now?" Primrose clapped her hands, as she looked at her friends. The 30 medical interns were eagerly awaiting the arrival of their two new Senior Residents. Before their shift had started it was announced unexpectedly that Ethan had switched everyone's partners at the last minute for unknown reasons. Primrose was now paired up with Laundry.

"Time flies by when you're having fun" Jackie blew a kiss towards Primrose, which prompted Sienna to raise her eyebrows at the both of them.

"You must be so happy Primrose that you are no longer having to work with Aurora?" Sienna asked

"I'm not happy" Elijah sighed "I'm paired up with her and she's extremely overbearing."

"I'm sorry Elijah that you're now working with her, but to be honest you'll be okay with her. She's not that bad"

"I'm happy to be paired up with Primrose, we make a good team" Laundry chimed in and forced a smile. Really? I don't believe you. Even though Primrose hadn't known Laundry for long there was something about him that she didn't trust. She felt uneasy around him and would have preferred to have remained Aurora's partner. At least she knew where she stood with Aurora, unlike with Laundry. Trust you gut Primrose and don't get too close to him.

Primrose could see the shadows of two people making their way towards them. She smiled as she recognised Ines from orientation straight away. YES! I'm so happy that Ines is going to be one of my mentors. I am so lucky. She felt her eyes needed to adjust as Ines smiled and waved towards her. Ines had the whitest teeth she had ever seen in her life; they were as bright as the moon and could light up the darkest of rooms.

Primrose was completely focused on Ines that she hadn't noticed the other doctor until he approached her from behind. "Hello" he said. Primrose turned the face him, but as soon as she did, she felt as though she had been slapped in the face when she realised who he was. "Hi" she said drily, as she could feel the air get trapped inside her throat. "Excuse me, doctor" Primrose nodded politely, as she walked away from him, holding her throat and chest.

"Jackie, Jackie..." Primrose grabbed Jackie's hands furiously. "Whaaaaaaaaaat? I'm not in the mood for you Prim at the moment" Jackie said; laughing in Primrose's face. "Jackie, this isn't funny. Look at the male doctor. This is bad" Primrose followed Jackie's eyes, as they settled on him. Primrose bit her lower lip, as she tried to read Jackie's face, but Jackie remained the same; cold and unbothered.

"What about him?"

"Jackie, I haven't got time for your games...He's the doctor that caught me half-naked and us making out in a supply closet" Primrose hissed. Primrose thought she had been discreet, but she was suddenly aware of her friends and a few interns staring at them with their mouths half open.

"Seriously, Primrose take a chill pill. Your nerves are going to be the death of you. Now, I doubt he remembers us and even if he does, I don't care. Watch and learn" Primrose watched as Jackie approached him unfazed. I need to be Jackie; scared of nobody and anything. She is just unapologetic herself.

-x-

11:30 am

"Primrose, Doctor Mirani definitely didn't remember us when we caught us hooking up in the supply closet. I guess we're going to have to up take it up a notch, because your titties did nothing." Primrose laughed loudly, but froze in horror and choked on her laugh when she made eye contact with Ethan. She hadn't seen him reclining at the end of the desk at the nurse's station watching her. Oh no...If Doctor Ramsey heard Jackie, I am so dead. I don't want everyone, especially him knowing my business. Primrose looked down at the floor, as Ethan walked passed her; brushing her slightly.