Chapter 3 (b) - No Holding Back (Ethan)

07:00 am

"Well, you've definitely been working out" Harper said to Ethan as she admired him in his workout gear. His ripped torso looked like it was going to burst out of his tight white top. He had just finished his morning run and enjoyed the fresh air and gorgeous lake.

"What do you want Harper? I assume this isn't a social visit?" Ethan huffed. He watched her, as she drank him in, biting her lips and enjoying the view. She knew his body very well. I'm not yours Harper, not anymore. I haven't been for months and I never shall be again.

"No, you're right. This isn't a social visit. I need help"

"With what?"

"Doctor Di Georgio" Primrose?

"What's wrong with her? Is she okay?" Ethan tried his best to sound neutral and not make it appear that he was worried for Primrose. I hope nothing has happened to her. When I last saw her, last night, she was okay and happy. Why am I thinking about her like this?

"I wanted to ask you that. What do you think of her?" Where is this going?

"I don't think of her" Lies.

"Ethan, I am asking what you think of her as a doctor" Why?

"She's just like any other intern. She's annoying" I am not lying about Primrose being annoying. She is annoying. She is annoying my mind at all times.

"I don't think she's like any other intern" She isn't but why do you think that Harper?

"So, why are you asking me what I think about her then?" Ethan snapped. His temper brewing and his mood becoming shorter.

"Because, I know you don't think she's like any other intern. There's something about her" Ethan kept his gaze on Harper, making sure he was not giving anything away of how he truly felt about Primrose to her. It's not Primrose's fault she makes me feel this way and I don't want anyone giving her a hard time or punishing her due to my lack of self-control. I'm still confused about Primrose; I have never had these feelings or emotions or whatever they are called before for anyone. Harper sighed and continued "The reason why I am asking you about Primrose is because she's affecting Aurora in a bad way"

"Really? You're telling me Primrose is a bad influence on Aurora? That's rich considering Aurora was hiding in your office whilst Primrose was saving their patient's life" Ethan snapped. I can't believe Harper thinks Primrose is a bad influence; the sweetest and hardest working intern I've ever met in my life. She didn't throw Aurora under the bus, but Aurora would have done so. Aurora was one of the worst; rude and lazy. Aurora was the bad influence but Harper would never admit that.

"Okay...that's...not...what...I... meant...I meant that Primrose is a bad influence on Aurora in another way. She's very good at what she does and she's a dark horse. Aurora underestimates anybody who she perceives as weak and a shrinking violet. I've tried to tell and show Aurora just how good Primrose is but to no success. That's why I'm asking for your help" This shall be Aurora's downfall and Primrose shall succeed, which is what I want, so I'm definitely not getting involved.

"I am failing to see how I can help with this? I am not talking to Aurora about Primrose, that's just weird..."

"Ethan, I need you to switch Aurora's partner" Harper exclaimed. Is she serious? She wants me to suddenly switch partners? I must have heard her wrong.

"What?"

"Aurora has my name and reputation to uphold and at the moment she's dragging me down. Primrose is the only intern everyone is talking about. I first it thought it was because of her personality or looks, but I soon realised it was because of her potential" That's YOUR problem Harper.