Chapter 3 (c) - No Holding Back (Landry)

08:00 am

Landry had been studying at Edenbrook's library for almost four hours when he decided to get some breakfast at the cafeteria. As he made his way there, he saw Ethan post a bulletin on the announcement board. I wonder what's going on? Laundry waited until Ethan walked away to investigate. Doctor Ramsey doesn't seem to be the type for chit-chat, especially so early in the morning.

"We're getting new partners? This is so random" Laundry muttered to himself. He was the first intern to find out this news. Let's see who I am paired up with. 

"Primrose?!" He exclaimed out lout, which caused an elderly couple walking past him to get startled. Why am I being paired up with her? She's competition. Laundry had been secretly observing Primrose from the sidelines and he already knew she was a dark horse. Quiet but deadly. The silent assassin. She's clever and hard-working. She also has two unfair advantages over me; she did the procedure on her first day with Doctor Ramsey and they looked quite cosy whilst they were talking at the vending machine. I need to make sure Doctor Ramsey notices me and not her.

-x-

11:00 am

Laundry had been working with Primrose for the past two hours treating their new patient Mike Knoblauch. They worked well together and Landry appreciated that Primrose was good with children, as she entertained Mike's young son, Matt. I hate children. I'm going to be like Doctor Ramsey in the future. One of the best doctors in the States; respected all across the medical world. I have no time for a girlfriend or children. My work is my family. Landry and Primrose had a consultation with Doctor Emery and she agreed with their current plan; conduct an ultrasound and stitch up his laceration. Laundry was surprised when Primrose volunteered to stitch Mike's laceration. Dark horse I tell you, she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty.

They were currently in the cafeteria with the rest of their friends having a general light conversation that quickly changed into discussing everyone's new partners. "I'm happy to be paired up with Primrose, we make a good team" Laundry chimed in the conversation and forced a smile. I'm half happy to be with Primrose, but I have to make her and everyone around us believe I am 100% on board. 

A while later, the interns were getting to know their new Senior Residents. Laundry was observing Primrose from afar, whilst he pretended to get another drink. Laundry could see Primrose chatting and joking around with Ines. Here she goes kissing up to another doctor, I'm surprised she hasn't tried it on with Zaid, but then again, he's not a fool. Laundry watched the rest of their friends who all looked very happy and ease, which was causing Laundry to roll his eyes multiple times. Ines looks like a pushover; she'll let me get away with things and Zaid is clever like me. 

-x-

11: 30 am

Laundry and the rest of the interns were inside Ward 8D preparing for their daily ward round. He was standing near his friends when he overheard Primrose and Jackie's conversation.

"Primrose, Doctor Mirani definitely didn't remember us when we caught us hooking up in the supply closet. I guess we're going to have to take it up a notch, because your titties did nothing" Laundry almost chocked on his own saliva when he heard Jackie's admission. How disgusting. These girls move so quickly around here. Unprofessional and unsanitary. How did they find time to almost have sex whilst work? Half of the time I don't have the time to drink water. Laundry followed Primrose's eyes and saw that Ethan had heard the conversation too, which made him laugh to himself. Good. I hope Doctor Ramsey punishes them. This is just what I need for him to notice me now. I am going to wipe the floor with her.