Little Things

{Harry is unbelievably in love with Louis, so he writes a song about him}

Louis: 20
Harry: 18

Word count: 1074

•••

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

Harry smiled down at his and Louis' clasped hands, so glad they were finally alone and could touch.

When he looked back up, Louis was watching him and Harry just studied his features for a moment.

If you looked close enough, you could see the faint freckles across Louis' face and Harry really was glad he was the only one to be able to see them.

"What, love?" Louis questioned.

Harry just shook his head with a smile. "Nothing."

~

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

Harry couldn't stop watching Louis as he laughed at something Niall was saying to him.

Harry loved to see him smile, especially big enough to see those crinkles by his eyes. He knew Louis hated his smile, but Harry thought it shone brighter than the sun.

Later that night, the two were cuddled up in their hotel room bed, both just clothed in boxers.

Harry couldn't help his wandering hands, just wanting to touch and appreciate Louis' body. He knew Louis hated his stomach and his thighs, but Harry loved every inch of him.

"Haz," Louis started, reaching down to grab Harry's hand and moving it to his back instead.

Harry frowned a little, but was then reminded by the little dimples at the bottom of Louis' spine and felt himself smiling small again.

"What are you smiling about, creep?" Louis joked, nuzzling his nose against Harry's.

"Just you."

~

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

"Love, can you make me a cup of tea while I hop in the shower?" Louis popped his head out of the bathroom to ask Harry.

Harry nodded and got out of bed, giving Louis a quick kiss on his way by, before he went down the hall to their kitchen.

They were home for a few days now and the two honestly lived for these moments. They could be together with no worry and do whatever they wanted.

Once Harry made Louis' cup of tea, he went back to their room and set it on the bedside table before he got comfortable in bed again.

Louis came out a few minutes later with a towel wrapped around his waist and ruffling a towel through his wet hair.

"Thanks, Hazza," Louis leaned down for another quick kiss and took a sip of tea, and then went to go put a pair of boxers on for bed.

Harry knew the tea would make Louis talk in his sleep, but he had to have one before bed every night.

Once Louis finished his tea, the two got fully comfortable in bed and the older boy almost immediately fell asleep.

And as he mumbled out incoherent sentences, Harry just smiled and went to sleep too.

~

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

"Can we do that one again?"

"Lou, it sounded great," Harry told him over the system.

Louis put the headphones back over his ears as they replayed it to him, a small frown forming on his lips.

"Just one more," Louis insisted.

Harry didn't say anything this time, just watched through the glass as Louis recorded his part again.

But once again, he wasn't happy with the way it sounded, so Harry took it upon himself to go into the booth with him.

"Lou, what's wrong? You sound amazing every time."

Louis shook his head. "I don't like the way it sounds. I know I can do better."

Harry leaned in for a quick kiss, his hands on Louis' shoulders. "You sounds absolutely perfect and I wish you would realize that."

Louis just sighed and kissed him.

The next day when Harry woke up, Louis was struggling to get into his jeans and was startled when Harry laughed.

"Morning, Lou."

Louis finally got them buttoned up and went over to give Harry a good morning kiss.

"Morning, love."

Louis went to stand up but Harry pulled him down onto the bed, deepening the kiss.

"Now you're gonna have to struggle to get out of those," Harry said, smirking.

Louis didn't mind.

~

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh

Harry couldn't take his eyes away from Louis' sleeping face.

Harry wished he could see how perfect he was, but Louis would never love himself as much as Harry loved him.

Louis moved slightly in his sleep, his hand compulsively reaching out to find Harry, which just made the younger boy smile.

Harry leaned in for a quick kiss on the forehead, whispering out, "I love you," before he went to sleep too.

~

"I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
Because it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you, and all your little things."

Harry looked at Louis after singing the finished song, wanting to know what he thought.

Louis had tears forming but he didn't want Harry to see that, so he pulled him into a tight hug.

"You wrote me a song," Louis mumbled. "About all the flaws I hate."

"All the things I love," Harry corrected, his grip tightening around Louis' waist.

"I love you so much, Haz. Thank you."

"I'm in love with you, Lou, and all your little things."