They Don't Know About Us

{Harry and Louis have just started dating and they're in for a surprise when Harry's Mum and Louis' dad reveal they're moving in together. Can they keep a secret?}

(I got really attached to this concept so this one shot is like wayyyyyyy longer than all of my others, so enjoy)

Both: 17

Word count: 10388

•••

Harry and Louis had only started dating a few weeks ago, and things were going well.

They met when Louis' school football team came to play against Harry's a month or so ago - and they won, which Louis constantly brags to Harry about - and the two hit it off instantly. They ended up getting each other's numbers and then they hungout a few days later. The two were both unsure about how the other felt, so Louis casually brought up in conversation that he was bisexual, and Harry admitted to being bi as well. Which then lead to Louis asking Harry on a date, where they had to go out in secret since neither of their parents knew about their sexualities yet. Louis kissed Harry goodnight when he brought him home and Harry had never felt so giddy and happy in his life.

Which now brings us to the moment they couldn't possibly prepare themselves for.

~

"Harry, c'mon, they'll be here any minute!"

Harry came bounding down the stairs and met his mum in the kitchen, grabbing a piece of cheese from the tray on the counter and in return getting smacked on the hand.

"Those are for our guests," she said sternly, pointing a finger at him while he pouted and dramatically held his hand.

"Rude. You want me to starve?"

She rolled her eyes. "Don't be a drama queen. We're eating in an hour."

Harry let out a loud sigh and sat down at the counter and pulled out his phone to see a text from Louis. He tried to hide his smile as he opened it, but was soon confused as it read, "I'm so sorry".

Harry typed back a quick, "For what?" before he pocketed his phone again and then looked back at his mum.

"So what's this guy's name again? Bob?"

"Rob. And his son's name is Louis."

Harry froze in his seat and blinked slowly. Surely it couldn't be his Louis.

There was suddenly a knock on the door and Harry couldn't even move as his mum went to go answer it, greeting them happily.

"Come out here, Harry!"

Harry felt numb as he stood up and went out to the foyer, where he did in fact see his boyfriend standing there, his eyes locked on the floor.

"Guys, this is my son, Harry. And Harry, this is Rob and his son, Louis," his mum introduced and god, that smile on her face made Harry's heart hurt.