Change My Mind

{Harry and Louis meet in uni and both think they're straight, until they don't}

Louis: 21
Harry: 18

Word count: 2502

•••

"Mum, you need to stop crying."

"I'm sorry, hun," Anne wiped at her eyes.

Harry let out a little laugh and pulled his mum into a hug.

"It'll be Christmas break before you know it," he told her.

"I know."

"Okay, I should really go in now."

The two finally pulled apart and Harry put his bag over his shoulder and grabbed his suitcase, giving his mum one last wave before he walked towards the school.

He was incredibly nervous for his first day of uni. He'd moved pretty far away from his hometown and his friends and he was terrified that he wouldn't meet anyone new.

"Um, I'm Harry Styles," Harry told the person sitting at the front desk.

As the person looked through the computer to find Harry's information, the nervous boy looked around the crowded room.

There were several different groups of people, most of them also here for their first day, but some were clearly in at least their second year. They didn't look as scared.

"Louis! Got another freshman for ya!" The guy behind the counter shouted.

"Oi! Comin'!"

Harry turned towards the voice to see a shorter boy walking over, with his brown hair in a messy quiff, a little stubble on his face and bright blue eyes.

"Hey, I'm Louis. I'm a third year, I'm gonna be giving you a quick tour and showing you your room. Let's go."

Harry just nodded and followed him towards the elevator, his eyes somehow finding their way to the older boy's ass. Harry quickly snapped out of it, furrowing his brows in confusion.

Well, that was weird.

Once the two got on the elevator, Louis let out a little laugh, then said, "Sorry, mate, I just realized I didn't even ask your name."

Harry looked over with a small smile. "I'm Harry."

Louis had the same tiny smile as he nodded in acknowledgement.

"What're you studying?" Louis followed up with.

"English. I wanna be a teacher."

"That's cool. I'm in theatre."

"Really? I thought about going in that direction too."

"It's pretty fun. I love acting."

Before Harry could respond, the elevator doors opened and Louis nodded his head towards it as a silent 'let's go'.