Chapter - 3

"Phii~ Wakey, wakey!"

     Mew heard a familiar voice which woke him up from what he thought a short time of sleep. He felt his body was being shaken lightly, and slaps on his cheeks. A very harsh way to wake him up. "Phii, wake up!" The voice called out again, a little impatient this time. Mew let out a groan when that person pinched his nose, but he wasn't willing to open his eyes.

     "Oyyyee! Wake up old man!!" Once the voice screamed right on his ear, he snapped his eyes open, then glared at Tar whose face was inches away from his; startling the hell out of him.

     "Holy shit!" He cursed, which made his cousin to frown. "What are you doing here?!"

     Tar got up from his position, he got inside the blanket and sat beside the older guy. ”I’m waking you up. It’s 9 am already.”

     Mew groaned as he buried his face down to his pillow, "Shiaa~ This is my day off! I want to sleep more!"

     "P'Lhong said you went straight to your bed when you arrived home, and it was like 11 pm last night! 10 hours of sleep is not enough for you?!” Mew didn't answer the younger's question. He was totally ignoring his ranting and trying to go back to his dreamland again. But then Tar realized it, he pulled the blanket away from the older; much to his dismay.

     "Ai'Tar!” He groaned frustratedly as the cold breeze of the air conditioner brushed lightly on his revealed skin. He was only wearing a wife-beater and boxer. "It’s too cold, let me get back to sleep!”

     "No! it’s 9 am already, don't you remember that we have to go to a wedding this noon?” Tar proclaimed. ”Grandma is waiting for us! We have to pick her up in an hour!"

     Upon hearing his cousin mentioned his Grandma, Mew unwillingly got up from the bed. He let out a desperate sigh. Of course he remembered, he promised his grandma that he would take her to her cousin’s granddaughter's wedding that day. Being an obedient grandchild who loves his grandma so much, he obeyed his cousin’s nag and went straight to the bathroom to take shower.

************

     Mew really hate attending a wedding. Especially if it was his family member’s wedding. He hate it when his father had to drag him everywhere and introduce him to everyone. Or when his family started asking unnecessary question like; "How old are you?”, "Are you still single?", and especially when he was being asked about when will he get married. Those kind of questions really bothered him a lot.

     It wasn’t that he hate the wedding itself. In fact he love the happiness and joy in every wedding he’d attended. But what’s the point if it wasn't his own wedding?

     To make his day worse, his parents who came to the wedding as well, brought along the least person he wanted to see; Gulf Kanawut.

     "Getting more intense, I see." Mew said when his parents left him alone with Gulf. They were standing in the corner of the room while watching the first dance of the newlyweds.

     "I’ll pretend like I don't know what you mean, P'Mew.” Gulf answered without looking at him. His lips were still forming a small smile, but no emotion in his eyes; the usual.

     Mew ignored his words, "Attending my family‘s occasion with my parents? It's only a day after we've met, don’t you think you're a bit too intense?"