Chapter - 7

“You’re not going to dine with us?”

   Mew looked up to see Lhong standing on his doorway with questioning eyes. Their manager, P'San had ordered him to tell Mew that dinner was ready. But he got confused when he came to Mew's room and found him dressed formally.

   Mew nodded as he rolled his sleeves. “Yeah, I’m dining with my family. You wanna come?”

   “No, thanks. It looks like you’re going to an important dinner.” Lhong declined his invitation.

   “Not important at all,” Mew chuckled. “Only a dinner with my family and Gulf's family.”

   “Ugh, right. Not important at all.” Lhong cringed. “You’re going to meet his family? Sounds like the whole arranged marriage thing is getting more serious.”

   “Nah~ It’s just a dinner. I agreed to join this dinner to please my parents.” Mew said as he applied perfume below his ears. “But there’s no way I will be married to him.”

   Lhong crossed his arms on his chest and looked at his friend; questioning. “You’re not going to marry Gulf but you still hang out with him?”

   Lhong and the other guys knew it really well that these past few weeks Mew spent a lot of times hanging out with Gulf. He took Gulf to his favorite diner on weekends, picked him up from work and then had coffee in Gulf's favorite coffee shop, they watched movie four times, had dinner together, whenever Mew had free time he would meet Gulf. Mew even brought him to their shared condo one day and they had dinner with the other members.

   There was a pause before Mew would answer. “He’s a great company; I think it won’t hurt if we become friends.”

   “Friends? You two look like a couple to me.” Lhong commented. Mew rolled his eyes. He’d been told a lot by the members about that. “What about Gulf? Does he disagree with the marriage as well?”

   “He doesn’t. He's thinking that his parents’ decision is the right decision for him.” Mew sighed.

   Lhong frowned at him. “What? Does he know that you object the marriage?” Mew just nodded. “You don’t want to marry him, he knows it but he wants to marry you. And you still hang out with him? Don’t you realize that you’ll only hurt him at the end?”

   Mew snorted and shook his head. “He wants to marry me not because he loves me, Ai'Lhong. So, don't worry krub, No one will be hurt.”

   “Whatever you say, Mew.” Lhong shook his head in disbelief. He thought his friend was so oblivious this time. “Don’t forget we’ll go clubbing tonight. You can bring Gulf as well; P'Thorn and N'Tar will be there too.”

   “Yeah, yeah. I’ll ask him.” Mew glanced at his watch. “I should go right now, I’m kinda late.”

   Mew grabbed his phone and car keys and then bid his good bye to Lhong before hurriedly left the room. The younger male just shook his head, watching Mew walked away. Mew met the others in the dining area and passed some quick goodbyes to them, ignoring all their questions.

************

   The dinner was in a fine dining restaurant in a 5-star hotel. Of course, the dinner was arranged by Mew's mother. She only wanted the top-end restaurant, saying that she wanted to impress her next-to-be-in laws. Mew didn’t really complain when his mother informed him about the dinner. He thought a dinner wouldn’t hurt, since he was already close to Gulf.