Chapter - 8

The next morning, Gulf woke up with a bad feeling. He couldn’t sleep really well last night, after the incident in the restaurant. Mew was mad at their parents, of course, he’d predicted it. When his parents told Gulf about the wedding date, he was surprised that it was so soon, but he didn’t complain. He couldn’t.

   He remembered when Mew offered his hand to him, asking him to support his decision, Gulf rejected him. A part of him said he should take Mew's hand, nullify the marriage proposal and pursue his dream instead of marrying Mew. But that would mean that he wouldn't be married to Mew and another part of Gulf didn’t want it. Mew's disappointed face was still fresh in his mind. He looked betrayed, hurt, and Gulf felt bad about it. His betrayed face kept flashing in his mind; Gulf couldn’t sleep because of it. Thinking that he just made a big mistake, he decided to visit Mew at his condo, to talk to him.

   Meanwhile back in LBC condo, Mew woke up with a throbbing head, and a nauseated stomach. It was no doubt, because of all the alcohol he consumed last night. With all his might he tried but it was still hard to open his eyes.

   His head was throbbing in pain, not only because he had a worst hangover, but also because the door bell was ringing continuously. “Get the door!!” He screamed out loud, but soon regretted it because it just made his head hurt even more.

   Mew tried his best to get up from his bed. It was no use for him to go back to sleep since the door bell kept ringing. He was confused, usually he would wear shorts and shirts to sleep but he didn’t wear anything except for his boxers at the moment. His clothes were sprawled on the floor and there were also some other clothes that didn’t belong to him on the floor. Girl’s cloth. He could hear the sound of the water beat against the tile. Someone was having a shower in his bathroom. He felt weird but didn’t really think about it.

   Someone finally opened the door and he heard hushed voices out there in the living room. He recognized Lhong, Song and some other familiar voice. They sounded serious. He took any shirt he could find and then stumbled to get out of his room. It felt like he was still drunk.

   He got out from his room, and found three pairs of eyes were staring at him. There were Long, Song, and a guy standing in front of him. It was Gulf.

   “Gulf?” His eyes were still blurred. He squeezed his eyes shut and then looked up to him, thinking hard Whether he was dreaming or not. Lhong and Song looked at Mew in worry.

   “I’m sorry, Ai'Mew. I was just telling Gulf that you’re still sleeping.” Lhong apologized.

   “Yes, but I need to talk to you, about last night.” Gulf said. “I want to apologize.”

   “Apologize?” Mew tried to recall everything that happened last night. He wasn’t fully awake to remember.

   “Oh, you’re awake. Can you call me a cab, then? I wanna go home.” Suddenly there was a girl’s voice coming from Mew's back.

   A girl who was wearing Mew's shirt and training pants appeared from his room and approached them. Her hair was still wet from shower. It was her who took a shower in Mew's bathroom before. Lhong and Song cringed when they saw the girl. Mew looks confused and oblivious with the situation. Gulf was shocked, looking at the girl’s appearance, mouth agape in bewilderment.

   “Who are you?” Mew asked the girl

   The girl giggled. “Boy, you didn’t remember? You must be really drunk last night.”

   “La-last night?” His memory started to come back to his mind. He was pretty drunk last night, a girl came to him and he went home with her. He was almost naked this morning. The clothes on the floor were her clothes. He groaned.

   Mew turned around to Gulf. To say that Gulf is disappointed was an understatement. His expression morphed from surprise to anger. “Wait, Gulf, this is not like what you think...” Mew said reaching out for the younger.

   “This is exactly what I think it is...” Gulf said, his voice was shaking. He stared at Mew with regret and anger, like he was the last person the younger wanted to see on earth. “I’m sorry I interrupted your time.” He turned around and stormed out of the Condo.

   It took a moment for Mew to react, because he still had a headache, but he made his way out of the condo and found Gulf in the hallway, walking hurriedly to the lift. Without thinking, he grabbed a fistful of Gulf's coat.

   “Where are you going?”

   “Home.” he snapped. Gulf kept walking towards the lift and once he reached the it, Mew grabbed his shoulders. “Listen to me first.” He demanded.

   Gulf lifted up his head. He had tears brimming in his eyes. Seeing his tears made Mew silent, his throat felt like closing up with something he couldn't feel. That was the first time he saw the younger cry.

   “I’m sorry if I just came here without notice. I shouldn’t have come here and interrupted your morning.” He said.

   “You didn’t interrupt anything, Gulf. You’ve misunderstood...”

   Tears flooded his eyes and spilled down his cheeks but he quickly wiped it away. “I never thought you’re this kind of guy. It’s good to know your true self, P'Mew.” Gulf said, turning away from him.

   Mew grabbed his arm. “Wait, are you mad?”

   Gulf yanked his arm from the older's grip. “What? Why should I be mad at you?” He laughed humorlessly. “I’m nobody to you.”

   “Gulf, this is not like you imagine.” Mew said.

   “No, this is exactly what I imagine. Although you always say I have no emotion what so ever, I have eyes, P'Mew. I saw that girl coming out from your room, wearing your clothes!” Mew cringed as he raised his voice. He never saw the younger this angry before. Gulf let out a quite sob. “Even though it’s too late, can I say something? I don’t know since when I started loving you as a man, not because my parents set you to be my husband. And that was why I insisted on marrying you, not because I thought my parents’ decision was the best for me. But you know that’s useless to love you now, since my heart is already broken.”

   Mew was speechless. He wanted to explain everything but he was taken aback by the younger's confession.

   “Maybe you’re right. I shouldn’t get married to you and pursue my dream instead. Thanks.” Gulf closed his mouth to stop himself from sobbing out loud.

   Gulf felt like he would crumble down if he didn't leave right away. He turned away from Mew and then got inside the lift. He pushed the close button repeatedly but the door didn’t get close because Mew held it open.

   “Gulf, please look at me. You have to listen to me first.”

   Gulf shook his head and kept his head down, refusing to look at the other. He kept pushing the button and finally Mew gave in. He released his hand and let the door close.

   The door finally closed. The gray colored lift door closed replacing Gulf's face with Mew's troubled face in it's reflection. Gulf's departure brought sudden emptiness to Mew. His crying face flashed on the older's mind. He felt pain, like his heart was crushed by some weight. He couldn't grasp what he felt at the moment. Why is it causing this immense pain in his chest. He fell seated on the floor, clutching his chest. He closed his face with his other hand and didn’t get up from there for quite a long time.

************

A/N

   Sighhhhh. Poor heartbroken Gulf. Clueless Mew.

   Will there be an marriage afterall. Mmmmm. I don't think so.

   Let's see what the fate held for both heartbroken guys.

Love
Prijongsuk