Chapter - 4

Mew drank up his champagne glass as he watched his grandmother chatting with his parents. He sighed, remembering how stupid he was when he promised his grandmother to marry that guy. He thought his grandmother fooled him, using her old age as her excuse to get him married.

     He glanced at Gulf who was sitting next to him. This guy didn't leave his side for a second. He kept following him like a puppy but surprisingly Mew wasn’t bothered by it at all. They barely spoke after his grandmother left them, even when they were sitting alone at the table like this, they didn’t speak a single word to each other.

     From across the room, Tar could see that it was really awkward between his cousin and Gulf. Mew had this hard expression on his face and Gulf was emotionless. Sighing, he decided to approach them and break the ice between them. When he was about to walk towards them, someone tagged on the fabric of his pant. It was his little cousin, Isra.

     "P'Tar!" She called him.

     Tar smiled as he lowered his body to match Isra's height. "What is it Isra?"

     "Who is that guy beside P'Mew?" Little Isra asked as she pointed at Gulf.

     "That is P'Mew's friend." Suddenly an idea crossed his mind. "Isra, Baby. I heard P'Mew is going to get married with that guy."

     Isra's eyes widened, she gasped in excitement. "Really? P'Mew is going to get married?" Tar nodded at her. "Can I be the flower girl? Please? Can I?" Isra looked up at Tar with big puppy eyes. Tar cooed at the little girl. He remembered it very well that his little cousin really loved wedding. Isra always said she wanted to get married in a castle, like a princess and before she grew up and get married, she wished she could be a flower girl first.

     "Why don't you go there to P'Mew, and then ask him about that?" Tar suggested.

     Isra glanced at Mew's direction and then nodded. She bid her goodbye to Tar and immediately ran across the room, approaching Mew and Gulf in a wide grin on her face. Tar smiled mischievously as he watched little Isra greeting Mew with her little voice.

     ”P'Mew~ Sawat Dee ka~!" Isra greeted cheerfully.

     Mew's hard expression melted and his face brightened. "Baby Isra~" He cheered. Gulf watched as Mew took little Isra and put her on his lap. "You look pretty like a princess!"

     Little Isra giggled. She cupped Mew's face and gave him a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "You look handsome too, Phii~."

     "What brought our little princess here?" Mew asked her.

     Little Isra glanced to Gulf, who was sitting next to him, and then she brought her hand to Mew's ear and whispered, ”Who is this guy?" She whispered loud enough for Gulf to hear. But he pretended like he didn’t hear anything though his lips curled into a tiny smile.

     "Oh that guy?" Mew pretended to whisper. His name is Gulf."

     "His name is Gulf?” Little Isra shrieked. ”Your boyfriend's name is Gulf?” She didn’t bother to whisper anymore, and her question made both Mew and Gulf startled.

     Mew chuckled nervously. ”Who told you that he's my boyfriend?” Gulf raised an eyebrow at him, he noticed that Mew didn't correct his cousin's word.

     "Err..., P'Tar told me that you’re going to get married with him, so that means he's your boyfriend, right?" She suddenly remembered something and got excited before Mew could even answer her. "Oh yeah, that's right! Phii~ can I be the flower girl at your wedding? Na na na~" She asked in full excitement.

     Mew grinned. "Well, I don’t know." He answered his little cousin. "I think you should ask P'Gulf instead." He turned to look at Gulf, who was watching at his and his cousin with a small smile on his lips. "N'Gulf, this is my little cousin, Isra. Isra baby, this is P'Gulf." He introduced them formally.

     Gulf smiled gently at little Isra as he caressed her head. "Hello, there.” He greeted her.

     Little Isra blushed, she smiled back at him. "Hi." She said shyly. She cupped Mew's ear once again and whispered to him. "Oh my God, P'Mew your bride is so pretty!"

     Mew looked at Gulf, who was obvious that he could hear her whisper but he still had his poker face on. Mew brought his mouth to Little Isra's ear and whispered back. “I know, right. He's so pretty, he looks like an angel!"

     Gulf's expression changed. His cheek blushed hearing Mew's words and he couldn't do anything about that but turned to look away; to hide his face. Mew noticed it, though. He didn’t expect the younger to blush like that; he thought that side of him was cute.

     "Should I ask him, then?” Little Isra asked, breaking Mew's thoughts.

     "Yeah, yeah. Ask him.” He encouraged her.

     "P'Gulf.." Little Isra called him hesitantly

     Gulf looked at her and then smiled. "Yes, Honey?”

     "When you two are getting married, can I be the flower girl?” Little Isra asked. She sounded so cute with little voice and big puppy eyes.

     Gulf chuckled. "When we're getting married?" He reached Little Isra's cheek and pinched it lightly. "Of course I want you to be our flower girl. I was just about to ask you, but you beat me before I could even ask!”

     Little Isra's face turned bright, she smiled from ear to ear. “Yess!!” She immediately hugged Mew. "I promise I'll be the prettiest flower girl ever!”

     Mew laughed as he hugged her back. "Of course you will!" He said. Little Isra released the hug and kissed on his cheek, thanking him. She got down from his lap and approached Gulf, gave him a thank you kiss as well and then left the two of them with a happy smile on her face.

     Mew and Gulf watched as Little Isra came to her parents and then delivered the news to them, excitedly. Her mother congratulated her daughter and then waved to Mew and Gulf, mouthing a thank you to them. Mew waved back at her.

     ”Flower girl, huh?" Gulf suddenly said. "Your little cousin will be a cute flower girl..."

     Mew sighed, his mood immediately changed. “N'Gulf. There will be no wedding, so we don’t need a flower girl. You know that I didn’t mean it, right?"

     Gulf rested his chin on his palm and stared at the older guy. "Which one that you didn’t mean to say? When you said that she's gonna be our flower girl or when you said that I'm pretty like an angel?"

     Mew was startled by his question and his face started to blush. He knew Gulf heard him complimenting him before but he didn’t expect the younger to boldly discuss it with him.

     "Err....” He shifted uneasily on his seat. "I.. I think I need to go to the bathroom!" Embarrassed, he stood up from his seat and then immediately walked to the men’s bathroom. Gulf chuckled as he watched the older guy rushing to get away from him.

*************

A/N
     Hope you are enjoying this story as much as I do..

     Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love
Prijongsuk