Chapter 4

The next morning, Jungkook wakes up confused. He doesn't recognize the ceiling above him. It takes him a minute to remember he moved into a new apartment, no longer living under the roof of his oppressive parents. When he sits up, it takes him another minute to remember Hoseok his ghost soulmate.

"Hoseok, you fucking moron." Jungkook curses, running a hand through his hair.

"I haven't even done anything!"

Jungkook turns to see Hoseok sitting at the end of his bed. He hadn't sensed the man at all and that rarely happens.

"I'm still thinking about last night." Jungkook retorts and Hoseok huffs and crosses his arms.

"I said I was sorry!" The ghost exclaims and Jungkook rolls his eyes. Since he has no job nor school anymore, Jungkook has all day to do whatever he wants. And what he wants to do right now is figure out if Hoseok can be brought back to life or not.

"If you're gonna sit in my room, just do so quietly," Jungkook states as he opens his time vault. He glances at Hoseok to see that the ghost is watching him in awe so he goes back to his task at hand.

He pulls out one of his many books – Supernatural Archive: Ghosts, Spirits, and Apparitions Volume. He is going to find a way to bring Hoseok back no matter the costs.

"Jungkook, no," Hoseok states, looking disapprovingly at the book. Jungkook rolls his eyes before opening the book and scanning the table of contents.

"Jungkook. No." Hoseok growls before using his energy to push the book out of Jungkook's hands and onto the floor. Jungkook turns and glares at the ghost before using levitation magic to move the book back into his lap.

"Why...not?" Jungkook questions, about ten seconds away from attempting to exorcise the ghost.

"Because what if it works and I become an old man and die? Or what if it doesn't and I just disappear afterwards? Or–"

"Can you kiss me? If you can't kiss me, I'm going to search for a way to bring you back." Jungkook states, turning back to his book. He meant what he said. He's been deprived of affection all his life because people avoided him and his own parents treated him like a monster that they had to house. Now that he's met his soulmate, he refuses to be denied the love he deserves and to be unable to give Hoseok the love that he knows the man deserves.

Hoseok stands up from the bed and stands in front of Jungkook before leaning down to press a kiss to Jungkook's forehead but he ends up passing through the young warlock.

"See? Can't do it." Jungkook huffs, closing the book. Just reading the book won't help him so the warlock puts the book back in his time vault so he can head down to his favorite magic shop.

"I'm gonna find a way and you can't stop me," Jungkook states as he stands up from his bed and heads for his bedroom door.

"Jungkook, wait!" Hoseok calls out as he reaches out to grab the brunet and... Jungkook stops... because he can feel something wrapped around his forearm.

"Did you just grab me?"

"I-I think I did."