Attack on Titan//Levi

An×Awkward×Confession
°🔹°🔹°🔹°🔹°🔹°🔹°🔹°🔹°🔹°

"Hanji, are you sure about this?"

"Very sure!", she exclaimed.
"Now go over there and get your man."

It was lunchtime on a sunny day, and the cafeteria was bustling. Little did everyone know, except me, things were about to get awkward.

Extremely awkward.

Right past those cafeteria doors, around the corner, was Hanji and I.

What were we doing? Some might ask.
Well, stalking Levi of course.

I've had a major crush on the corporal for some time, but I lacked the courage to even talk to him alone, much less confess something so nerve-wracking.
Somehow, Hanji found out. I suspect she was the one who snatched my journal while I was showering, but she denied it. Even when I found it in her possession.

So here I am now, self-proclaimed wingman by my side, and me just wanting to go eat lunch.

Wait, but how did she convince you!?
She didn't.
She threatened to show my journal to Levi, unless I finally confess to him.
She even has a plan for this.
I'm not gonna escape this unscathed.

I sigh, and question Hanji. "What's the plan again?"

"You're gonna sashay up to him, give him this box of tea leaves-", she hands me the box, "-sit down in that empty spot next to him, and then proclaim your love!"
I look at the box, then at Levi, who was sipping his tea.
Argh, he's so handsome. He's 1000% out of my league. But, I guess Hanji's right. I should at least give it a shot.

"Er, okay, I mean, if that's what you think will wor-"

"And then have a bunch of little Ackerman babies!" She snickers.
I give her the universal I-could-have-done-without-that face.

I take a deep breath, wipe my sweaty palms on my pants, and walk out into the battlefield.
I just hope I won't embarrass myself too much.

It was crowded and loud. But that's okay, at least there aren't any eyes on me.
Yet.

I keep walking towards Levi's table, my eyes never leaving his figure.
Why is he so hot?

I don't think I am mentally prepared for this.

But still, I pushed on. Every step of the way feels heavier, and my head fills with thoughts about Levi. I got distracted and didn't notice that I was already at his table.

"What do you want cadet (Y/N)." He questions with a monotone voice.
What. How did I get here so fast?

"I, uh, I-I wanted to, to um, uhh-" I cut myself off from my awkward stuttering, and sit down in the empty spot next to Levi.

Face heating up even more, I hand the box of tea leaves over to him with my head down, mentally dying inside.

By now, a lot of the lunchroom had noticed us, and had gone silent watching me and Levi.
If I had noticed, I would have surely died.
And-- I didn't see it-- but the captain had pink dusting his cheeks. It wasn't very noticeable to anyone else but me.
If I had noticed that, it too would have made me die.

"Tch. Is that all you came here for?" He said, setting the box next to him.

I lifted my head back up, only to come face to face with Levi, only inches apart. My eyes widen.
So close!
Unfortunately, my brain backtracks.

Now what do I do!?

Hanji, from the other side of the room was silently cheering me on. But no matter how hard she tried to, she couldn't send me words of encouragement via telepathy.