Chapter Fourteen: PLAN B

Jessica stood at Rosie's door, AGAIN, but this time she was standing alone, Elizabeth and Zakary were standing by the car with smug looks on their face. She looked back at them, and they both shrugged, made a waving motion with their hands to say "go on." She turned back around and pushed the doorbell button.

Josephine answered the door promptly, as if she was waiting for Jessica to ring the bell. Jessica said, "Hello Josephine, I was wondering if I could speak to Ms. Rosie again, if you do not mind?" Josephine nodded, turned around and walked away. She left the door open, so Jessica assumed that was an invitation to come in. She closed the door behind her and was standing in the large entrance way looking at the stairway that Zakary had gone on and on about, until Rosie came out a door on the side of the stairway.

"Well, well, twice in one day, what do I owe this pleasure young lady?" She said as she ambled over leading with her cane.

Jessica smiled and said, "Well, Ms. Rosie, you see, we have run into a little snag with our first plan and we were hoping you would be able to help us with Plan B.? It is a plan to possibly intercede while we are awaiting the results of Plan A."

Rosie looked perplexed and commented in a very friendly tone, "Young Lady, you are being quite cryptic in your talk of plan's and intentions, just spit it out, what do you need from me?"

Jessica smiled shyly and asked, "Can we go sit down and I will explain everything?"

Jessica opened the front door and waived for Elizabeth and Zakary to come in, then she followed Rosie into the sitting room that they were in before. They all sat down and got comfortable. Jessica began to explain the plan.

Jessica explained that Plan A was to dig up the road and to properly bury the remains that were found in the cavern; they felt that may settle the apparition's anger. But the Mayor did not understand the urgency of the situation, or was just not encouraged enough to proceed in a quick manner. With this development the threesome had decided to move on to Plan B. Elizabeth and Zakary quickly corrected her, to let Rosie know that Plan B was all Jessica's idea. Jessica rolled her eyes and continued.

Plan B consisted of using Rosie as a sort of "enticement or allurement" for the Ghost. The Screaming Lady was obviously drawn to her, so she would be the best to lure her out. Once she is lured out and defenses down, then Jessica would make contact and attempt to enlighten her memories of the current state; let her know that we empathize with her situation, that we are here to help her. Jessica said, "I may also be able to figure out what her connection to you is, and we may be able to use that connection."

Rosie sat back in her chair, her face showed no emotion, she said, "let me get this straight, you want me to sit and talk with the SCREAMING Lady, like she is family, while you are hiding? I will be all by myself, ghost bait with nothing to protect me. Did I get that correct?"

The three nodded in unison.

Rosie continued, "Then as I am having this wonderful conversation with my long-lost Great Grandmother, who will probably be SREAMING at me, you are going to probe her mind and place some "thoughts" in there to convince her to cross over to the other side? Am I on track?" She looked at all three of them sternly.

They all looked down immediately, then looked up and shrugged, one by one, and nodded.

"All the while, you think she is just going to sit there and have a conversation with me? Knowing these five years, all she has done is SCREAM at everyone that she has come in contact with?" Rosie was on the verge of panicking her voice starting to raise.

Elizabeth very calmly said, "Rosie, there is no need to work yourself up, Ghost's inherently cannot hurt you, they make noise, yes, and they can move things, occasionally; but all in all, they cannot hurt you."