Chapter 2

Date: 27/1/2020

AN: Yay!! Second chapter! This story looks like it wants to have shorter chapters. Well, I usually let the story muse dictate me. I hope you enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________

Arthit sighed and rubbed his face as he looked at the man who was now asleep in his bed. The wedding tuxedo was lying on the chair in front of the bed, reminding Arthit of how forbidden this relationship had become now. Arthit felt amazed at how at home and peaceful Kongpob looked as he slept in his tiny room, which was barely big enough for a Queen-sized bed. All Arthit had in his room that was his entire house was a mini-refrigerator, a stove-top, a collapsible wardrobe, a bed, and a plastic chair. Those were his meager belongings and this man who was currently sharing his bed when he should have been with his new bride was the only heir to multi-billion dollar empire. As fate would have it, Arthit and Kongpob had met, somehow fallen in love even after clashing heads all the time and had maintained a relationship for over three years.

Arthit can still remember the day Kongpob said he would make Arthit his wife. Arthit didn't know but a small smile had crept on his face as if he was reliving the memories. The days in the university when Kongpob questioned everything Arthit had asked of them and challenged the seniors at every turn. He wished he could have finished his graduation and had been able to grab a nice job. Even with having a partial scholarship, Arthit still had to drop out soon after he started his fourth year. By that time Arthit was acutely aware of Kongpob and the nong's feelings for the senior. The young man had found out about the Head Hazer dropping out and had tracked him down. Kongpob had continued to chase Arthit, who had finally after several months given in to his own feelings towards the dashing nong.

Thinking back, Arthit couldn't pin-point a specific moment when he had realized that he had fallen deeply in love with Kongpob. All he could remember were just symptoms: His heart racing at the sight of a certain nong, the millions of butterflies in his stomach, the shivers that ran through his spine at the simplest of touches, his heart swelling at the young man's smile, his face heating up at anything even remotely suggestive.

That was all he could remember, other than the loneliness when Kongpob was away working for his father, the creeping fear of losing this man, the irrational insecurities and everything in between. Jealousy and possessiveness when the ex-head hazer had found out that Kongpob was being set up for marriage. The heartache when it had finally dawned on him who Kongpob was in this world and what it meant. The bleeding wound that he had to forcibly seal so that he could persuade his nong to follow his father's wishes. The fact that Arthit had to make his nong understand what was expected of a person in his position as he had to lock his own feelings away, was something...Well, let's say he had not felt such pain ever before, not even when his aunt had passed away.

Now he saw Kongpob sleeping soundly and feels that there could not have been a truer bond than the one which the two of them shared. He still feels the ache in his chest when he contemplates the difficulties the two of them will face as they both will work to maintain what they have. He knew the young man will die before he gave Arthit up, even with everything going on. The fact that he was here on his wedding night only strengthened that belief. Arthit might have pushed Kongpob to do this and take over his rightful position, but he could never deny his nong anything. So Arthit was sure that the two of them would be playing the game of hide-n-seek from now on, hiding from everyone and seeking only each other in their own little world.

Arthit sighed as he smoothed the hair on Kongpob's forehead. It was nearly half-past three in the morning now. If Kongpob had to sneak into his mansion of a house he would have to wake up and leave soon. As Arthi caressed the frown lines on his nong's forehead, the said man blearily opened his eyes. The dark orbs saw the angelic face of Arthit and smiled brightly.

Arthit smiled back softly, "What were you thinking in your sleep, huh?"

Kongpob whispered, "I thought this was a dream..."

"Huh?"

"Me being in your bed.."

Arthit swallowed the lump that had suddenly formed in his throat. The love that reflected in Kongpob's eyes was enough to make his own eyes take on a watery shine. The lovers just stared into each others' eyes with a longing that seemed unparalleled. As the two hearts beat in tandem and eyes glistened with unshed tears, the only witness to this magical moment was the dark velvet sky of the silent night.

_______________________________________________________________________________

AN: Dont forget to vote and comment. I will see you next time.

Toodloos my lovelies!