Chapter 21

Date: 16/5/2020

AN: An Update

______________________________________________________________________________

"You look good, Phii. Su su na!" Kongpob said as he straightened Arthit's collar smiling. Arthit blushed slightly, now color clearly visible in his cheeks, as he nodded. Kongpob placed a firm kiss of Arthit's forehead before letting him go and see him to the door.

Arthit made a shy wave as the younger man said, "I will pick you up in the evening.." And just like that the Arthit was off to his first day as a full time employee at Chiang Mai office of Suthiluck Enterprises.

In the past twelve days, Arthit had recovered completely. Aroon had visited just once, to say goodbye. He had successfully completed his internship and had told Arthit that he had decided to take a job closer to home as his parents had wanted him to. Arthit had been supportive and had wished him luck. Kongpob too had wished the young man all the best and bid him goodbye. The Suthiluck heir, not having anything personal against Aroon, felt relieved and happy that he had decided to do what would help him heal and move on.

As for Kongpob, he had stayed firmly at the apartment, working from home completely. This had ensured that he could take care of his Phii, providing everything that was needed. The Suthiluck heir had vowed that he would never let Arthit suffer like this ever again, and he was determined to keep his promise.

Over the past few days, Kongpob and Arthit had discussed a lot of things. Arthit was surprised at Kongpob being so adamant about staying and the older man had tried to convince him to leave. Kongpob had had none of it though. The Suthiluck heir had stubbornly paid off all the debts that Arthit owed, for which the older man had not talked to him for two straight days. The amount hardly made any dent in Kongpob's pocket, but it had never been about the money anyway. However, eventually, Arthit had given in and accepted the gesture in the spirit that it was meant with. Kongpob had also finally convinced Arthit to not take on more than one day job and to hold his health as a priority.

It seemed like the events of the past four months had brought out the worst as well as the best out of the two lovers. Where Arthit had seemed tired and more willing to accept help, at least from Kongpob, the latter had become more adamant and unwilling to take no for an answer. The businessman now was determined to ensure the safety and health of Arthit, which in turn would be his own happiness, after all.

Arthit's manager had contacted him and offered him a full-time job, even after he had missed almost three weeks of his internship due to his health concerns. Arthit had grabbed at the opportunity, knowing it was just what he needed and would not get anywhere else. On Kongpob's insistence, Arthit had requested a week off so he could gain the strength before drowning himself completely in work. And finally today the day had come.

As the door closed behind Arthit, Kongpob sighed and sat down at the dining table which had basically become his make-shift office by now. He knew he already had tons of emails to reply to and reports to go through. He saw a huge mug of green tea already by the laptop and smiled as he took a sip.

"Thank you Phii," he said addressing P'Chati, who had now come to sit in front of him with his own mug of coffee.

The older man smiled and shook his head. "Young master..I just, maybe you should.."

Kongpob frowned as he looked at the man before him. "Yes..?"

Chati sighed, "You should think of returning home, young master. Now, N'Arthit looks good, he's started working again..it's just.."

Kongpob stiffened, "No. Not right now. Not until I get everything straightened out."

"Umm..Kongpob I understand..but, how long are you going to keep delaying things? You have responsibilities, meetings to attend. I feel you should.."

Kongpob shook his head, let out a breath, and looked up to meet the older man's eyes. "Phii, not right now. I have things to decide and discuss. I can't ..I won't let P'Arthit suffer like this ever again. Nana believes I should trust my instincts and that is what I am going to do. I won't make the same mistakes twice, not when I have seen how my actions have affected my Phii."

Chati swallowed as hestood up. He nodded and patted the young man's shoulder as he went on to takecare of his own things. He realized this whole thing with Arthit had broken theyoung master from within. He knew Madam would get in touch with Kongpob soonand was just holding on, giving the two lovers some space, but right now hesurprisingly felt confident that the young master would handle the situationwell. Ever since he became in charge of Kongpob's security more than six yearsago, he had come to understand the young man completely. The young master wassmart and decisive but he was also kind and compassionate. Now Chati adoredKongpob and genuinely cared about him. He knew the Suthiluck heir had been hurtbadly, in fact, might even be hurting presently, and the bulky security chiefonly hoped that the young man would soon gain what he needed to reclaim hishappiness, reclaim his love, his P'Arthit. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

AN: We are moving, Kongpob has plans..

Comments and votes are my motivation, as always!

Toodloos, my lovelies!

Thake care!