Chapter 15

Date: 2/4/2020

AN: An Update!

__________________________________________________________________________

Aroon, who had come in the room behind Kongpob, watched silently the happenings before him. He felt a stabbing pain when Arthit's eyes filled with tears as he saw the visitor. The way he said the man's name, hurt tremendously. The fact that the elder man had willed his body to stand up and take a few steps, where he couldn't even hold a spoon, made him feel useless. The embrace, the familiarity between these two, it made the pain worse. It was clear that this was not a normal friends meeting, there was definitely something more. Aroon didn't know what was going on between these two, but he certainly would make sure that no one could hurt Arthit ever.

After a few minutes of just embracing each other, he saw Kongpob pick up Arthit, bridal-style, and place him gently on the bed. The two men seemed to be in their own world, and Aroon wondered if they were even aware that Aroon was in the room as well. He saw the two wiping tears off each other's faces and smiling through them. The stabbing pain in his heart was unbearable.

Arthit gently caressed Kongpob's cheek, who had now crouched down in front of the bed, "Kong..you are really here.." There was no hiding the awe in his voice.

"Kharp Phii..I'm sorry na..I .."

"How? Why? Why now?"

"I was asked to come here..was told.."

Arthit suddenly pushed Kongpob away slightly, cutting any contact, "Oh! That's why..You may go back then.."

Kongpob grabbed his beloved's hands, "No Phii.. I'm sorry na! A lot has happened..I had things to do.." Arthit looked at the pleading man, the man who looked just as much in pain as he felt and sighed. He knew his nong would have been by his side every moment if he had the choice.

The older man held Kongpob's face in both of his hands, "Kong, I know. I just..you being here.."

Aroon couldn't take it anymore. The love that reflected in P'Arthit's eyes was too much to bear. He cleared his throat and moved forward determinedly, "Khun Suthiluck, is there something you wanted? As you can see, P'Arthit is really not well, I won't allow you to disturb him anymore."

"Aroonn.." Arthit said in an attempt to soothe the young intern's ruffled feathers.

Kongpob turned towards the young man who had invaded their moment, his eyes blazing. He smiled nonetheless, "It's okay. You don't have to worry about P'Arthit anymore. I will take care of everything." He looked straight at the intern's challenging eyes.

Arthit decided it best to interrupt the glaring contest between the two younger men. He cleared his throat, "Aroon. You should leave, you will be late for work, right?"

The younger man looked at the frail man. His heart broke at being dismissed without any explanation. Kongpob smirked and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

The young man was not going to give up that easily though, "But Phii. No offense Sir," He said addressing Kongpob, "you can't just come in here one day out of the blue and expect me to leave him alone with you! I don't even know why you are here!"

"Aroon, please. Go, I will be fine, ok?" Arthit said, his voice almost pleading.

Kongpob stood up, folding his hands on his chest, "You heard him.."

"Kongpob be nice! He's a friend.."

The visitor snorted a laugh, looking at the man on the bed incredulously, "Phii..a friend. Really? I know what he wants..how can you be so.."

None of the men knew where he got the strength from but Kongpob and Aroon were shocked into silence when Arthit snarled in his hazer voice, "Kongpob Suthiluck!" The younger man immediately lowered his head guiltily. He fidgeted and Aroon couldn't believe what he was seeing. Here was a man, the lone heir to the largest corporation in the country, and he felt so vulnerable at this moment, almost docile. The intern had never ever heard Arthit being this firm and assertive. The elder man had always been so soft and kind. And one command from this man had turned the almighty Kongpob Suthiluck into a blubbering mess.

Lost in his thoughts, Aroon was brought out of it only when he heard Arthit address him, "Aroon, leave us." It was short and straight forward and left no room for argument.

The younger man gave small nods and turned around, his heart feeling the weight of his sadness.

As he reached the door though, he turned back, "Don't forget to take your medicine, Phii. And..I will..get you lunch..? The hesitation in the boy's voice was evident.

"No need. I'll arrange it," Kongpob said harshly.

"Kongpob!"

"Sorry, Phii."

Arthit let out a small smile as he turned to Aroon, "Make it dinner na.."

The older man then turned to the visitor, "Are you staying?" Kongpob turned sharp eyes towards Arthit. The question had stung. The fact that his beloved was so unsure of his stay..

Nevertheless, he answered, "Kharp phi.."

"Then..make it a dinner for three, okay Aroon?"

"Kharp Phii..Bye."

______________________________________________________________________________

AN: I just wanted to say, I may not be able to continue my daily update anymore. It's just that the lockdown is nowhere near it's end and my boss has decided that we should start working from home. We have started that from today but it is taking us some time to get used to all the technicalities involved. It's taking more of my time and energy than I thought.

So, I will see you soon.

Thank you for your support. Stay home. Stay safe.

Toodloos!