camping trip

Reaper's Pov.

"I can't believe it's the last day of camp"  I hear someone say

"Yeah, but honestly I'm ready to go home. I miss my bed" I hear a familiar voice reply, catching my attention.

I turn to see Geno talking to Alex, a female monster, as they filled up water balloons, for laters water balloon fight. I lean against the building the was near, when Alex leaned closer to Geno and whispered to him, causing him to blush. I frown pushing down the anger I felt, before going back to a blank expression.

Then, Alex said something else and Geno turned around. He smiled at me and waved me over. I smile, my lazy smile, and walk over.

"Hey" I say placing my hands in my pockets "Whatch'a doin'?"

"Filling up water balloons" Alex says in a slow voice while holding up the water hose, with a balloon on it, up.

"Ha ha" I say sarcastically while Geno tried not to laugh as he tied a balloon. I felt kinda upset.

"That aside. What are you up to?" Geno asks turning to me leaving Alex to take care of the balloons.

"Not much I was actually looking for you" I say absentmindedly

"Oh? What for?"

I internally panic 'Would it be weird to say I just want to see him?' "Oh, no reason, just thought I'd see what you were up to" I say confidentially

"Well this is it. Oh actually I wanted to talk to about something" Geno says "So I was wondering if-"

Suddenly there was a pop then water sprayed Geno causing him to scream and jump out of the way, but the ground was muddy, from over watering, causing him to slip and fall.

"Geno, I'm sorry the balloon popped" Alex said "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, but this was my last clean, dry pair of clothes" he says sadly as he got up.

"Come on I packed extra in case this happened" I says escorting Geno to our, shared, room. I went to my bag while Geno went into the bathroom as to not get the room muddy. "What are you going to do about the water balloon fight later?"

"I wasn't going to participate in the first place. I was just helping" Geno says as he turned on the shower

"Really? You've avoided all water activities this whole trip. How come?" I ask pulling out a gray shirt, boxers, and black jeans. Then, walked into the open bathroom.

"I didn't pack any swim shorts" he says avoiding eye contact as he opened the cabinet for a towel.

I place the clothes on the sink counter. Then, turned to face the smaller. "Geno, if you want to join you can just borrow more of my clothes" I say as Geno placed the towel with the clothes

"No, I don't want to take more of your stuff, but thank you." he says still not making eye contact "Oh can you put my phone on my bed?"

"Sure" I say taking the phone and leaving. Geno started closing the door behind me, but I placed my hand on the door, stopping it. Geno looked up at me startled, we were so close. "Hey, if something's wrong you can talk to me, ok" I say taking a step closer to the smaller

"Out!" Geno exclaims looking at the ground as he pushed me out and closed the door.

I would have been upset if it wasn't for the fact I saw him blushing. I sigh looking at the door longingly until the phone in my hand went off.

I looked to see Geno received a text from Alex. I opened it and read the text in my head 'Reaper totally likes you!' "I can't believe it's obvious to everyone except who I want to notice" I say to myself as I turned the phone off and placed it on the bed. I sat at the corner desk and waited for Geno to come out.