Apocalypse

I look through the black bars and to the street 'Well nothing to report. Everything looks fine' I think finishing up my round around the house. I start heading towards the front door when I hear a gun shot. I hid in the shadows behind a pillar at the front gate and look out as I ready my scythe in case it's one of those beasts.

"Shit shit shit!" someone, a male, yells out followed by another gun shot. Then I see a figure run around the corner of a near by street. He ran to the gate before stopping, he looked back, then hopped over the opposite pillar from me and pressed his back against it like he was trying to hid, it didn't help that he was wearing a white jacket with the hood up and a red scarf covering his nose and mouth area.

"Geno, come out you know you can't hide from us. We'll find you then we'll kill you!" a group of people came around the same street holding guns, and yelling, probably for the person across from me.

Suddenly an animal like screech echoed and the group was attacked. Several ran only to be tackled and mutilated while the others started shooting, but that didn't stop those beasts. "Serves you right, assholes" the man, I'm assuming named Geno, said taking a step only to double over clinching his chest "Shit." he cursed before passing out.

'Wow that's the most interesting things that's happened for a while.' I think getting up and walking over to him. I pick him up bridal style and take him into the house, that was lit up by candles and a fire in the fireplace, earning everyone else's attention.

"What the hell is that?" Red, an edgy skeleton with red eye lights, a black jacket, and black shorts asks.

"He jumped over the fence trying to get away from some people, who were attacked."

"How do we know he wasn't bitten? He could turn and attack us." Dust, another skeleton in a blue hoodie with the hood up, with mismatched eyes, adds before mumbling to himself.

"I'll keep guard outside of the room if anything happens I'll take full responsibility. Once he wakes up, I'll check him for bite marks." I announce going up the stairs to the room I use. Once in I lay him on the bed, light one of the lanterns I have hanging up, then I pull down his hood and scarf giving me a better look at him.

Geno was a white skeleton with pixels over his right eye, a white jacket, light gray shirt, black shorts with a white strip on the outside of the legs, and a red scarf. He looked so relaxed, I watched his chest rise and fall in a slow even manner. I get up, grab a chair, and position myself outside the room door.

Ten minutes passed and I was starting to get uncomfortable "Is he still not up?" Sci a nerdy skeleton with green eyes lights asks. I look up to see Red had accompanied him.

"Nope and I need some food I haven't eaten. I meant to when I came in from patrolling the perimeter of the house, but got side tracked." I sigh

"We can keep watch, so you can get some food."

"What I did not agree to this." Red says

"I'll bring it back with me." I say getting up and go down stairs

"You finally come down. Is he awake, or dead?" Cross asks

"No, I just came down for something to eat."

Suddenly a scream came from upstairs followed by a crashing noise. I look to see Geno fall down the stairs, but got back up and ran for the door. "Hold on, I'm not gonna hurt ya" Red says chasing Geno down the stairs.

I quickly grab Geno and put him over my shoulder, so he couldn't get away. "Ok, what is going on, what happened?"

"I heard a noise, so I went in to see what was going on. I didn't even have my weapon drawn." Red answers