chapter 42; party

Chapter 42 - Party

“I am not wearing heels that high,” I said to Andrea, shaking my head.

“But it goes with your outfit.”

“But I can’t walk in it and we’re going to a party, I can’t just stand still,” I told her and she nodded. 

“Okay, no heels that tall but you’re not getting any flats,” she said and I nodded. 

“Deal.” 

We were getting ready for the New Year party and she had picked out a pair of red heels. Really high heels. It went well with my outfit. It matched my red top but I could not walk in it. I was wearing a red long sleeved backless top with a black skirt. 

I didn't even know why I bought those shoes. I knew that I could not walk in them, unlike Andrea. I went to pick out another pair of red heels and returned to see Andrea putting on her heels. It went really well with her black dress. 

“Damn we look amazing,” Andrea said as she looked into the mirror. 

“We do,” I replied, smiling and nodding. We took out our phones for pictures when she saw that my gallery was filled with pictures of Christopher and me, or just him.

“Hmm,” she said with a small smirk.  

“What’s that supposed to mean?” 

“Oh nothing, I just noticed that you had some pictures of Christopher so I’m wondering how many pictures he has of you.”

My face heated up. I did not even think about that. There was probably quite a lot pictures since we would both take pictures of each other. 

“You were smart not applying blush,” she said and I stuck my tongue out at her. We started taking pictures. 

“Are the boys already there?” she asked me and I nodded. 

“Yeah, Christopher said that they reached about half an hour ago,” I told her and she nodded. 

We walked to the kitchen and each took two shots. I cringed a little from it while Andrea took it with a straight face. 

"Happy New Year, hermosa!" Andrea exclaimed and I smiled. 

"Happy New Year, but we still have a few more hours to go," I told her and she rolled her eyes. 

Just as Andrea took another shot, her phone beeped, indicating that our Uber was here. We went down and got into our ride. 

“Let’s go,” Andrea said once we arrived to where the party was and I nodded. It looked like a club but it didn’t look opened to the public. We walked out and she walked over to me. Hand in hand, we walked to the entrance and the bouncer asked for our names. 

“Andrea Castro and Daniella Jimenez,” Andrea said and the bouncer nodded, letting us in. 

The place wasn’t brightly lit but you could still see, and there was music playing in the background. It wasn’t so loud that you had to scream to be heard, but you could still feel the music. 

“I see the boys,” I said to Andrea and we walked in their direction. 

“¡Hola!” Andrea said and they turned to look at us. We hugged the boys and Christopher was the last to hug me. 

“Hey,” he said to me with a smile as he hugged me. I felt his hand make contact with my back and my face turned red. 

“Hey,” I replied, looking up at him with a smile once we separated slightly. He still had his hand on my waist, causing my face to turn a little red.  Thanks to my heels, I did not need to look up much.