1 // B A R M A I D

KEY:

Y/N: your name

T/W:

mention of female oppression

WORD COUNT:

1365

----

You always had a feeling of emptiness, it wasn't that you felt worthless or lonely, but just that something was always missing. Night after night after night you would pour these same horny drunks the same ale. Maybe you wanted to do more with yourself? Your father would tell you you were lucky to even have a job and in a way he was right. Not many women got the opportunity to work in their fathers bar instead of sewing and pushing out countless children.

The usual gossip was off tonight. It was awfully quiet, especially for a Friday. Something had happened to keep half of the local drunks out of the only bar. "Didn't you hear love?" Frederick, one of the drunks, looked at you. "There's a Witcher on his way." 

You looked at him and furrowed your brows. "Why do we need a Witcher? I believed it was just wolves."

"Happened again this mornin', but don't worry sweetheart, I'll protect ya." He put his hand on yours which you quickly snatched away.

A bard stepped through the door. The locals hated bards. You knew it wasn't going to end well for this fragile looking Bard. Behind him was a crowd, more than just the locals. Your mouth gaped at the sight and you knew this little bar was going to be host to a fight while this Witcher was in town. The crowd surrounded around you as you tried to hand out ale as fast as you could, the crowd was so large you almost missed him sit at the corner of the alone and quietly. 

The bard began his ever famous Witcher tune which made this Witcher look even shittier. His knotted platinum hair was greasy and dirty, this man was in great need of a bath but something inside you wanted to bath him, you wanted to care for him, you craved for some excitement in your life so apart of you wanted to run away with this man.

You snapped back to reality as the tune cooed back into your head,

Toss a coin to your Witcher
O' Valley of Plenty
O' Valley of Plenty
O'
Toss a coin to Your Witcher
O' Valley of Plenty

You didn't realise how long you had been staring at this man until the song was almost over and you had barely heard any of it. Your daydream was over and now you had to go confront the man you were just staring at for an awkwardly long amount of time. "Ale?" You smiled at him, hoping he would look up at you.

He did look up at you. "Please." He studied your facial features, it could have been a trick of the mind but did he smirk at you? Either way your cheeks shone bright red as your poured him his ale. "Any idea what this thing is?" He looked up at you.

"Well I didn't even know it was anything concerning  until Frederick told me you were on your way." You sighed. "I thought it was just wolves if I'm being honest."

He laughed sweetly. "I'm Geralt of Rivia. I noticed you missed that part of the song."

"Y/N of Novigrad. Sorry for staring." You bit your lip.

He definitely smirked at you that time. 

He stayed the night at your fathers inn and already, you felt better than what you did just that very morning.

"Geralt!" You smiled half surprised as stood beside his horse in the stable.

"Are you following me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I ride every morning." You shrugged. 

"This is roach." Geralt introduced the horse.

"Otto." You signalled to your horse.

There was silence while the pair of you studied each other. "You shouldn't ride alone with a beast loose." He stared sternly. "It's not safe."

"Why has my safety become a concern?" You asked.

"I can be concerned if I would like."

"Geralt, it would have been nice- who's this fair maiden?" The bard appeared from around the corner. 

"Y/N." You smiled.

"Jaskier." He nodded. "I wrote The Witcher song."

The three of you rode into the bushland, quietly now Jaskier was there. Geralt crossed your mind constantly although you had only met him the day before. "You never bring any of your other girlfriends to kill stuff why is she here?" Jaskier whispered, receiving only a death stare in response from Geralt.

"I suppose I should be honoured." You murmured. 

Geralt grunted at Jaskier and rode ahead. "I know it would be great if he could stay and settle with you but for someone as fair I'm sure there's many suitors around." He half smiled.

You nodded slowly, you knew Jaskier had good intentions and it's always a good quality to be honest, but it would be a dream come true to run away with Geralt and Roach. "Quiet." Geralt pulled the horse to a halt. Out of the corner of your eye you could see something dog like but it was too big and too fleshy to be a dog.

"May I ask what the fuck that is?" You muttered.

"It's your wolf." He looked at me and smiled. "I'll meet you at the inn, ride back I'll watch it."

You sighed, disappointed you weren't going to see the man of your dreams slaughter a beast, at least he wanted to see you again later so it gave you something else to think about. "Let the men do all the work." Jaskier laughed.

"You go too." Geralt nodded. "Keep her safe."

You looked Geralt up and down and rolled your eyes. "See you when the beast is dead."

You and Jaskier rode back to the village together in near silence other than his humming of his new song. "Im going to write a song about you and Geralt if that would please you."

"Don't use my name." You muttered. "If father finds of my adventure he will force me to marry and settle down and that is the last thing I want."

"In another world you and Geralt would have been perfect for each other. Only problem is that he rarely bathes." You both laughed as you pulled up next to the stables again. 

"Will you both be staying tonight?" You asked.

Jaskier laughed. "I have a feeling we will be staying tonight yes. Please bathe him."

You both created small talk for the hours that Geralt was gone for. You didn't know what exactly was so special about him that basically made you fall in love instantly. You just had to hope the feeling was mutual. You didn't want to wake up tomorrow the same as you did yesterday. Hollow and emotionless. 

The pair of you heard the distant trotting of Roach slowly getting closer. "He's injured." Jaskier whispered. "Kiss it better for him yes?" 

You laughed as Geralt came into near sight. He really was injured, he had a large bite mark near his right bicep. "Did you kill it?" You asked immediately feeling worried.

"Yeah." Geralt muttered.

"Come. Let me help you." You put your hand on his back and guided him to your residence. "Take your clothes off, the bath will be full and give me a yell when you are in yes?" 

"I'm going to need help." He looked at the mark.

"Right." You nodded and gently put your hands on his chest. You began untying the laces revealing his strong toned body. His platinum hair was full of dried blood. 

"Are you usually like this to men that come to your pub?" Geralt groaned as I took the shirt up over his head. 

"No." You smiled looking down at him. You couldn't stop staring and studying him. "I swear I am usually a lot harder to get."

Geralt smiled slightly. "I'm glad." 

He climbed into the bath slowly without breaking eye contact, the tension was high and your stomach felt hot. You began cleaning his wound. "It's probably easier if you just get in the bath."

You blushed crimson red as you undressed to join him. 

----

FIRST PART DONE! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND/OR ANY REQUESTS XOX