8 // M E M O R I E S

KEY:

Y/N - YOUR NAME, ITALICS IS A MEMORY

T/W:

MENTION OF WHORES, DEATH, ASSASSINATION

WORD COUNT:

867

-

"Maybe someone out there, will want you." Jaskier kneeled in front of Geralt as he sat in the bath.

"I want no one." Geralt replied, harsher than his previous tone. "The last thing I need is someone needing me." He had to look away from Jaskier, the memories paining him more than any wound or monster ever could.

"There already was someone." Jaskier cocked his head to the side, confusing spilled over his face. "Who's the lucky lady?"

Geralt looked up, was it anger or sadness pooling into his eyes, Jaskier couldn't figure it out and didn't know whether he regretted asking the question. "No one." 

"The mighty white wolf, troubled by a lady?" Jaskier furrowed his brows and leant forward. "Geralt, you have to tell me now."

"I don't have to do anything." Geralt muttered and grabbed the towel, standing up.

"Avoiding it? What is she? Dead or something?" Jaskier joked.

Geralt didn't look up, he stopped for a second, almost contemplating telling him about you. Jaskier pursed his lips, realising that no answer definitely was an answer and he shouldn't of pushed The Witcher so far.

"Geralt, I'm sorry." He whispered. 

Nothing further was said, Jaskier knew he crossed a line and had no idea what to do or say as Geralt walked away, running his fingers through his knotted hair, he thought about how you would always brush his hair while you were both in the bath. Heading to his room, he sat on the bed and pulled an enchanted satchel out, he had it charmed by a mage so the satchel always looked empty to the naked eye, unless it was him. Inside was a worn sketchbook and two hand crafted rings, it was all he had left of you. The enchanting sound of your laughter filled his mind as he thought.

-

"Geralt!" You laughed as he splashed water at you. You loved every second with Geralt, whether you were killing monsters or if you were messing around like children in the river, nothing else mattered when it was just the two of you. 

He grabbed you and pulled you closer, the water was deeper than your height but not Geralt's so you wrapped your legs around his hips and your arms on his neck. "I love you." He mumbled and gently kissed you.

"I love you too." You giggled. "What's up?"

"Nothing." He smiled and admired you, he adored absolutely everything about you and life without you just wasn't worth living. 

"Well something is on your mind Geralt." You furrowed your brows at him, resting your head on his shoulder, carrying you out of the water.

"Just thinking, Y/N. Stop worrying, my love." He gently kissed your forehead. 

You smiled, life was perfect. Geralt was perfect, you didn't want it any other way. "I will worry forever." You slipped into some fresh clothes as he did. "You'll never get rid of me."

Putting his hand into his pocket, Geralt knelt before you. "I wouldn't have it any other way." A ring in one hand as your mouth hung open.

-

"Geralt." Jaskier snapped him from his day dream. "Hello?"

Geralt looked up, still ignoring Jaskier.

"You need to talk to someone about it, this bottling up just isn't healthy." He sat beside Geralt on the bed. "You were married."

"Why should I talk to you?" It was more of a snappy statement than a question. 

"I'm a good listener, who am I going to tell?" Jaskier tried to lighten the mood.

"If you write a song, or mention it to anyone, I'll kill you." Geralt opened the sketch book, folded up inside was a portrait of you and Geralt. "Her name was Y/N."

"She's beautiful Geralt." He smiled and looked at you in the portrait. 

"She was a lot of things." Geralt sighed, Jaskier could have sworn there were tears filling his eyes. "An assassin was paid good coin to kill me."

Jaskier gently rested his hand on Geralt's shoulder. "Did she sacrifice herself for you?" 

"Y/N was born during a specific eclipse about 60 years ago. The girls born during this eclipse had 'gifts' and a sorcerer was hunting them down." He muttered. "This sorcerer after Blaviken, wanted me dead but found something even better."

"Geralt." Again lost for words, Jaskier's own eyes welled up. "Is she alive?"

"I have no idea." He mumbled. "I've searched the continent, I kill monsters in different villages and castles so I can hide that I've been looking for her or some evidence of her for nearly 50 years."

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

Geralt shook his head. "I never want to talk of her again."

The thought of you hurt him, he'd use whores to forget, he let himself be charmed by Yennefer to forget, nothing he ever did could ever truly wipe you from his mind, but is that what he really wanted? 

-

SHORT ONE TODAY! I THINK I WANT TO WRITE A PART TWO FOR THIS BECAUSE I REALLY ENJOYED THE IDEA OF IT! IF I DO PART TWO SHOULD READER BE ALIVE OR NAH?

THANK YOU FOR THE REQUEST! @a_gay_idiot101