3 // C L A S S Y

Your friend, Aubrey, had somehow convinced you into attending some kind of open singles ball at the castle. You honestly had no interest in finding someone because your plan was to leave as soon as you had enough crowns. Aubrey just wanted to help find you an excuse to stay. This was her final chance. "I'm sure there is some incredible guy in there that will get you to stay. Maybe even a prince?"

"Aubrey." You sighed. "It's not like I'm never coming back to visit."

She shook her head. "Every town is just like this one Y/N." 

You looked at you both in the mirror. She was always flawless, but for once, you admitted that you did come up looking really good. You didn't want to settle down yet, you wanted to experience the continent to the fullest before becoming a tied down housewife to some piece of shit male that eventually gets sick of you.

You both had begun the walk towards the castle. "Can we not just attend the tavern?" You sighed deeply. 

"Is this about Markus?" She sighed deeply. "You can do better. He was ugly anyway."

You chuckled as you entered the building a bard was singing at the top of his lungs. "Oh god. The taverns bard is much better."

"I think he's kind of cute." Aubrey blushed as they made eye contact. 

"I need a drink." You grunted and pushed through the crowd to get to the bar. "Ale!"

The bartender passed you a jug, no cups. "Classy."

You walked back to Aubrey to see there were two men with her, one being the bard. "Y/N!" She squeaked in excitement. "This Geralt of Rivia."

The tall man never broke eye contact with you. The fire in your stomach was burning the back of your throat so you quickly took a sip from your jug of ale. "No cups?" The bard chuckled.

"It doesn't really matter. I'm gonna drink the same and still get drunk." You chuckled, already starting to feel the alcohol. 

Geralt continued to just stare. He didn't say anything nor did it look like he was going to. You furrowed your brows. You stared at him. He was a very attractive man, everything about him drew you in. "Married?" Geralt asked you. 

You looked down and shook your head, "That over there, the life of the party? My ex. I used to be just like him." You were disappointed in yourself.

Jaskier and Aubrey had absolutely hit it off, they were out dancing and having the absolute time of their lives. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Markus walking towards you. "Y/N!" He yelled and snaked an arm around your hip. Geralt raised his eyebrows. "How have you been?"

You shoved him off. "Fine." You shook your head. "I was in the middle of conversation, can you like, leave?"

You looked at Geralt and mouthed an apology. "She said go."

Markus scoffed before walking away. "You didn't have to do that." 

He smiled slightly. "You won't get disrespected while I'm here."

You blushed at the statement. "I really have to get going. Will I see you around Geralt?"

Geralt nodded slowly before kissing your hand gently.

It was days before you saw this mysterious man again. The bard you had seen regularly with Aubrey, but Geralt was no where to be seen.

You were headed back from the local markets when you were approached, Markus and his fellow hunting friends, "Not so tough without the big man around are you, Y/N?" Markus smirked. 

"You need to leave." You tried to walk through them but they had you surrounded, tugging at your attire.

"No one steps foot on my territory and lives to tell the tale." He pulled on your corset.

"Markus, you had an affair. We're over, what don't you get about that." You said, you knew he could hear the fear in your voice which only made him more powerful.

"You will always be my territory Y/N." He smirked as he bit your ear.

"Step away from her." The familiar voice of Geralt echoed from behind you.

"Geralt don't. Run." You looked at him as Markus spun you around with his sword to your throat.

"You need to be taught a little lesson, Geralt." One of Markus friends began spinning his sword like a mad man. 

Geralt fought like a night and even Markus couldn't believe it. One by one, his friends were taken down and Geralt hadn't even broken a sweat. You slowly reached for the dagger in your waistband as Markus pressed the sword harder against your throat, drawing blood. You grabbed the dagger and stabbed it into his thigh as hard as you could and as he bent over you spun around and drove your knee into his head. As you saw what you had done, you had realised it wasn't his thigh you stabbed but his stomach. 

"Come." Geralt grabbed your hand. "We need to go, they'll behead you for that."

"What are you?" You asked as he dragged you towards his horse. 

"I'm a Witcher Y/N. Now unless you want to die or spend the rest of your days in a cell, you'll come with us."

The bard was standing by Roach and Aubrey, already saying his goodbyes. "Y/N what are you doing?" She asked as you climbed onto Otto, your horse.

"I killed Markus." You muttered.

Aubrey gasped before grabbing your hand. "Stay safe Y/N. Write to me."

You smiled before kicking the horse and following Geralt outside the walls. You had never left the walls of your village, there were stories of how unsafe it was and of the monsters that lived deep inside the forrest. "You didn't have to protect me Geralt." You both slowed to a walk once you were far enough away from the village.

"He disrespected you." Geralt didn't take his eye off the trails. "If you weren't there I would have just killed them."

You had never had a man care about you enough to even be faithful, let alone kill people for you. You smiled at the thought of it. "How can I ever repay you?"

"By promising you'll never be with a pile of shit like him again." He looked at you this time, with a small smile upon his face. "As long as you're by my side Y/N, I'll keep you safe and fed."

You blushed at the thought of him caring about you, being gentle for only you. "Why me?"

"You're different." Geralt nodded. "Different to every lady I've met, I like that about you."

He grabbed your reins and pulled you closer to Roach, you were pretty sure the circulation in your calf was going to be cut off but being this close to him was worth it. Jaskier rolled his eyes. "I'm right here guys."

Geralt gently pressed his lips against yours.