6 // P S Y C H I C

KEY:

Y/N - YOUR NAME

T/W:

NONE

WORD COUNT: 1763

---

You, personally had never believed in psychics. Your friend, Anna, however desperately wanted to go see one the night before her wedding to predict what the uniting had in store for her. You were an untrained sorceress engulfed with emotions that you tried so desperately to ignore, half elf you could say, you were a bastard of a princess and an affair, never knowing who your father was, just that he was one of the elves that fled during the war. "Anna, she's going to give you some bullshit story about how you will live happily ever after or she's going to tell you he's cheating on you for some entertainment."

You had never met her future husband, he travelled greatly and they had met at the coronation of the queen, you dared not show your face at your sisters gathering. He was a bard and his name was Jaskier, that's all she shared, she wanted it to be a surprise. "I am Rowena." The woman looked up at you, although you noticed she was completely blind. "Elf blood, so refreshing to see such young beautiful power in this day."

You wanted to laugh. You were not a powerful sorceress and basically only knew how to be lazy and have things levitate to you. "Rowena." Anna sat in front of her as you cautiously lowered yourself closer to the back of the room. "My friend and I would both like a reading."

Rowena took her hand gently and you could have sworn you saw images flash through her cloudy eyes. "Jaskier, the bard. You wed tomorrow yes?" She smiled.

Anna looked back at you grinning. "Yes!" She squealed in delight.

"Your dandelion is such a happy soul, he will bring you great things my dear. You will follow each other to the end of the earth, he shall sing songs of monsters he had watch be slain and how much he loves you." Rowena shut her eyes. "Your friend. Y/N, she will be there too, with someone else, much happier than now and far away from her sister."

You scoffed. "I am happy. I'm happy in the tavern I work in and I am overall happy with my life." You lied. What man would want you? An emotionally unstable girl that is a product of one of the most famous infidelity acts the continent had ever heard of.

"He will want you, from the moment he lays eyes on you, you are not Baron either my dear, you will see very soon, you are written in prophecies greater than you could ever imagine." Rowena nodded. "Anna my dear, you too will bear children, sooner than you think."

Could she read your mind? You felt like she was reading straight through you. Anna stood up smiling. "Y/N, come here." Rowena mumbled as Anna headed out. "Your friend's life is in grave danger, the man you meet tomorrow, his life too. In life there is always two evils, but this is much bigger. Protect him with your life and lead him to the girl in the woods."

You looked at her before walking out. "What'd she say?" Anna asked waiting for you.

"I told her shit stunk worse than a cows." You laughed, what did she mean protect him? You knew you were baron, you had tried for a child with your ex-husband. You were older than you gave on, you were about 40 years old, trapped in a 20 year old body, much to your younger sisters disgust.

"Ah sister!" Speak of the devil. "Y/N, are you working as a psychic now?"

"My queen." You bowed. "What do you want?"

"We want to attend your friends wedding." Ella nodded. "King Frederick and I."

You scoffed and looked at Anna, knowing she would love to have the royals there. "Do as you must, I will be there."