4 // A R R A N G E D

IDEA/REQUEST FROM:

@bughead_gangsterlove

KEY:

Y/N - YOUR NAME

T/W:

MENTION OF ABUSE

MINOR SMUT

WORD COUNT:

1840

---

You had never left your city walls. Your mother had said it was to protect you, the protection was over now that he was marrying you off. You were meant to unite the Witchers and the elves, performing a powerful alliance that was to stand for centuries before you. You couldn't be more different to the man you were meant to be marrying. You were the only hybrid to ever set foot inside the city, no other human could find due to powerful elves and powerful spells that kept the city hidden from the naked eye. Your mother had an affair and was the reason for these strong spells, which is also why you were the one chosen to unite the two species. The witchers had chosen you because of your humanity and the elves had chosen the strongest Witcher.

"Mother, I can't do this. Why can't I just stay here for ever?" You whined.

"We all have a duty in the city, Y/N." She shook her head. "If the humans do find us, because of you we will have the witchers on our side. I made sure he wasn't a bad one."

Tears escaped your eyes. "I've only read about the continent, I'm going to be eaten alive out there."

She smiled slightly. "He will protect you. The continent is a beautiful place. You will learn to love him, your uniting is written in our history. All of it predicted. Trust in destiny, Y/N."

You scoffed and bit your tongue before you said anything you would regret. "I'm not expected to breed with this man right?"

Your mother took your hand gently. "There's no way of knowing, Witcher's can breed, only with their soulmates." 

"Who is it?" You asked. 

"Geralt of Rivia." She replied.

"The butcher of Blaviken!" You yelled. "You told me you picked a good one."

"The books we receive from the outside world are in human perspective, Y/N." Your mother tried to calm you down. "The think we are monsters too."

You shook your head. "Mother this is certain death."

She grabbed your hand. "Downstairs. He doesn't like this anymore than you do and he's not throwing a childish tantrum about it."

Your mothers words stung. You wiped your tears from your face and let go of her hand. "After this ceremony is over and I leave. You will never hear from me again."

You walked out of the room and collected yourself as you walked towards the man standing at the end of the carpet. You flicked your veil over your head as the bards began to sing. Geralt was looking at you, he definitely didn't want to be here and he was making it just as obvious as you.

"Do you Y/N of the city, take Geralt of Rivia to be your lawfully wedded husband, until death?"

"I do." You mumbled.

"Do you Geralt of Rivia, take Y/N of the city to be your lawfully wedded wife, until death?"

"I do." He took your hand, it almost felt like an attempt to comfort you. 

"You may kiss your bride."

With his spare hand he lifted your veil, revealing your face, for the first time, to an outsider. He studied you, especially the scar along your neck. It wasn't your first time an outsider had seen you. Before the spells, the city was viewable and you were captured by Queen Calanthe herself and tortured for years. You had somehow created a portal and landed back home after some emotional fit. The city, to the naked eye is nothing but ruins.