2 // A F F A I R

KEY:

Y/N - YOUR NAME

T/W:

CHEATING

FEMALE OPPRESSION

WORD COUNT: 

1846

---

"Witcher." You half smiled at the sturdy man that stood before you. 

"Princess." His breath hitched in his throat looking at you. You hadn't seen this man in ten years, since you were a child when he saved your life. "It's been a while."

You blushed slightly. Your stomach was hot just looking at him. Something your husband didn't make you feel. "How have you been?" 

"Well. Yourself?" He couldn't peel his eyes away. 

"Good I guess. Married now. Set to be queen." You faked a laugh. You were a strong believer in Destiny and Destiny had brought this man back to you.

"I see that." Geralt let out a deep sigh.

"My husband, uh, the Prince is at battle at the moment." You tried to swallow the frog in your throat, you had no idea why you mentioned that. "How can we help you?"

"The King." He replied. 

You would be lying if you said you didn't think about this man constantly, despite the long time from seeing him. "Is there a monster in the kingdom?" You muttered. You dreamed of him and that moment felt like it was written in history.

"When did you Wed?" Geralt asked. 

"Just last year. He was who my father chose at my suitor banquet. He really has no interest in me and already has a bastard." You shook your head. You didn't know why this was coming out. You shouldn't be telling someone you barely know anymore these things. "How is your love life?"

"Boring." The bard next time grunted. "He sleeps with whores every chance he gets to avoid the hole in his chest."

You furrowed your brows, no one spoke like that in front of you since your marriage. Geralt elbowed the Bard. "Excuse his rudeness, your highness. This is Jaskier."

Jaskier's face went bright red and apologies fell from his mouth. "It's alright." You smiled. "It's refreshing to be treated normally."

"Is the king around?" Geralt asked. "We probably should get to business."

You nodded slowly. "The Queen. She is in the courtroom. King Frederick is at battle."

You led the pair to the oversized room in silence, the tension between you and Geralt was high and Jaskier was picking up on it. "I'm sure I'll see you around Witcher." You smiled at them both. "Pleasure meeting you, Jaskier."

"I hope so." Geralt smiled at you. 

You started walking away from them both as you heard Jaskier say, "She's a married princess Geralt, you of all people should know that is out of bounds, the prince will have your head on a stick and put it out the front of his castle for him to stare at all day long."

"She's worth it." Geralt muttered before entering the courtroom.

You quickly headed back to your quarters, a slight jump of excitement in your pace. "My lady," your maid bowed. "You seem awfully happy. May I ask why?"

"The Witcher I dream of." You grabbed her hands in glee. "He's here."

Jacina smiled at your happiness. "I haven't seen you this happy since your father bought you your horse."