Chapter XXXIII

"Jen I could take over this, you rest." Kai interfered Jennie who's preparing for another surgery. It was her third surgery for the day, she's at the operating room for approximately ten hours.

"I can manage Kai, besides you have a meeting, don't reschedule it." She answered. Jennie puts on her surgical mask, smiled and turned her back to the male surgeon.

Kai was quick to advance towards Jennie, stopping stubborn raven haired surgeon. "This is about her right? Tell me. What happened? I know I told you I don't want to force you, but Jen I hate to see you like this." Kai worriedly spoke, reaching out to grasp Jennie's hand in his.

"We want to comfort you Jennie, let us please?"

Jennie sighed, slightly took off her mask and muttered "I will go home after this, I promise."

Kai removed his hold from Jennie's hand and silently nod "Are you really sure you could still operate?"

The female surgeon laughed a bit and raised a thumbs up "I'm sure Kai, go now, you don't want to be late for your meeting." She smiled, tapping Kai's arm.

In return Kai arched a brow at Jennie "Yeah right." The tiny surgeon chuckled "Don't be mad, I promise I'll go home after this." She pushed Kai away and turned her back on him to enter the OR.

"I'll tell Jisoo to eat with you after the surgery! Call me when you get home, don't be stubborn President Kim!!" Kai yelled as the OR's door closed.

Jennie found herself really smiling for the first time today. She missed Kai's nagging, the man truly cares for her.

"He's back? He must be busy but still finds time to visit." Nurse Oh said. She's in charge with the surgery today, together with Dr. Park the anaesthesiologist and Dr. Yun as the first assisting doctor.

"Well, I miss having Dr. Kai here at the OR too, right President Kim?" Dr. Yun spoke, nudging Jennie by the arm lightly.

The surgeon nodded "I miss his nagging too." She laughed.

"Let's start?" Jennie announced in which the team answered willingly. Dr. Park started to inject anaesthesia to the patient and read his heart rate. On the other hand, Nurse Oh and Dr. Yun proceeded to arrange all the medical equipment needed in the surgery.

Jennie wore her medical gloves and askes nurse Oh to brief her about the patient's condition before she starts operating.

"Patient's name Dong Hyun Kang 19 years old, suffered under traumatic stress, as a result he sliced his wrist wanting to end his life. Dr. Kim the cut was too deep that her tendons and nerves was damaged. Cut was approximately 1.5 centimetres deep, 3 centimetres in length."

The raven haired surgeon moved, switched places with Dr. Yun to start the operation. "Heart rate?" She asked.

"Normal doctor." Dr. Park answered.

"Continue to monitor it and standby to supply blood all throughout the operation." Jennie commanded.

Without further ado Jennie started operating, Dr. Yun handed her the scalpel to open the wound and check the damaged nerves of the kid. Upon, opening she instantly recognized that the operation will last long, if she's not mistaken it will go on for about less than eight hours. Nevertheless, if she can finish it successfully ahead of time she will. The patient's too young, she needs to do this one smoothly and precisely right.

"I will perform neurological rehabilitation and do tenorrhapy at the same time. Let's do this immediately. We need to save this kid's life, he needs to recover and learn the beauty of life." Jennie spoke as she stared at the patient's face. She can somehow relate to the boy's situation that's why she badly wanted to do this operation too.