Chapter XXXIV

Lisa abruptly stepped on the gas, forcing herself not to panic. She can clearly hear Bambam speaking to Jennie, she needs to think and identify the woman's possible illness before they arrive at Deojun.

"Jennie calm down we got her, we are on our way at Doldam." Bambam repeated for the third time.

Lisa took her phone from Bambam's grasp and mouthed to check the woman's pulse. The latter obliged. Then, the gray haired surgeon brought the phone on her ear "Jen." She called on the other line.

"Calm down, breath." She added, she can hear Jennie's sobs and it made her heart ache worse than before.

The line seemed blank and loudly silenced, what she can only hear was Jennie's pained breathing. Lisa feared that Jennie was shaking and fidgeting with no one to comfort her.

"Jennie, please. Think rationally and go straight at Deojun, we will arrive at 10. Drive safe." Lisa said, though she wanted to hear Jennie's voice before she dropped the call, she has no choice but to focus on the woman's case for now.

"Shit Lis." Bambam hissed as he tried to listen to the woman's heartbeat.

"What? Tell me what's going on." Lisa ordered. She can't look at the back seat because she's trying her best to arrive at Deojun as fast as possible.

"I can't hear her heartbeat clearly, it's weak and fvck Lis her skin's turning blue and cool. I'm getting nervous, what do I do!?" Bambam alarmingly asked.

"Ask her if her chest feels pain" With the symptoms she heard it might be cardiac tamponade, but Lisa needs to be sure. She dialled Dr. Kang's number and told him briefly that there was an incoming patient arriving in a minute with a suspected fluid in the heart.

"She can't mutter a thing Lis, but she was pointing out to her chest."

"Alright. Do as I say Bam." Lisa spoke, while Bambam nodded in agreement.

"Tear her shirt and tell me if her chest appear like it is bloated or swelling."

"I didn't sign up for this but I'll do it anyway." Bambam informed the woman that she's about to tear her shirt to examine her chest. When the woman responded he gently tear the woman's shirt.

"I'm not sure if this looked like it is swelling Lis, but I think it isn't normal."

"Okay, got it. Now, Press her chest. Middle part and the sides. You need to tell me which part she's uncomfortable with."

"Arasso arasso."

Bambam removed his jacket and fanned himself a bit, he's sweating a lot and very very nervous too. This was the first time he needed to deal with this kind of situation. He was willing to help, yet can't prevent himself to think that if something bad happems, he'll be the one to blame.

"Bam, hey. Don't panic, you're doing good." Lisa swiftly looked at Bambam.

"Go on Bam, do it. That will be the last step then she'll be transferred to the ER. I can see the hospital from here brother." Lisa added.

Bambam nodded once again and proceeded to press the woman's chest. He was hoping that if ever the patient needs surgery all things will go well.

"Hold still ma'am you'll live, I'll make sure of that." Bambam whispered.

////////

"The patient is in mid-sixties with suspected cardiac tamponade." Lisa informed Dr. Kang as the woman was being checked by the nurses.