Chapter Seventeen : It's All Over

Lucy's POV

"Dad?" Allen's small voice is collapsing before my eyes. But so is my world.

"Zeref... What are you doing here..?" I step towards him, in a state of shock.

"My darling Lucy, may I remind you to use my 'name' around our son?" He winks at me as I am about to break into tears.

"Baka! I don't care anymore! Allen is our son, and he has a right to know!" I scream at him. I can feel Allen shifting closer to me, trembling slightly.

"Is it true mother? Is Zeref truly my father? My own flesh and blood?" I turn to face him, my lower lip quivering with anxiety.

"Yes. Zeref is your father - your flesh... and blood." His eyes widen in shock, as I engulf him into a hug. "This is why he works so hard to keep us a family. To keep us together." Allen is now sobbing quietly, and Zeref is slowly making his way towards us.

He patiently wraps his arms around both Allen and I, and it all goes silent.

"Sweetheart. As much as I love this, I have a matter of importance to discuss with you." Zeref's voice snaps me out of a deep void filled with my thoughts, sitting within my head.

"What is it?" My heart beats faster as the sinking feeling in my stomach continues.

"A man who has hated me for a while now, has learned of you." He takes a deep breath. "I don't know how long he has known this, but I believe this -" He gestures around us. "- is his doing. He wishes you dead. All of you. You and Allen, and the triplets. We are all in danger." Tears swell in his eyes, telling me how serious this is.

"But - but - the triplets! They.. they..." My voice trails off as my hands raise to my ears, terrified.

"I know darling." He speaks softly. "I know."

The silence is unbearable as he stares at us. But, with a loud sigh, he talks again.

"The only thing we can do to save our family is to find out what's going on. Our best bet, is to head to the temple." All our eyes raise to look at the beautifully shining temple, that rested lonely on the mountain up ahead.

"Let's get going then."

***

Closer up, the temple is small compared to others.

"Keep on guard, and stay close together. Don't let them separate us." Zeref's voice is stern, as is his face.

As we enter the temple, it is no bigger than assumed.

Holding my hands out, I grab Allen's hand while reaching for Zeref's. He gladly accepts, and gives a squeeze of reassurance.

Whoosh.

A dark figure lands in front of us.

"Well hello there! Why are you here so soon?" He grins at us, yet his eyes are still shadowed. "The invitation said to arrive at 7:00 o'clock sharp. But ohh! That's right." He lifts his head to look at us with his cold black eyes. "... You never received it." His grin moves to a sly lopsided smile.

Before any of us can even respond, his hands raise to his mouth as he lets out a strange noise.

"Hash---ria!! Hash---ria!!" The wind swirls as five more cloaked men appear.

The mans hands drop back to his sides, where I now take notice of two deadly katanas.

"... Lucky for you, I just so happened to bring them with me."

Three of the five cloaked men lift their jackets, revealing a horrific sight.

"... Birdies ..." My voice rasps out the word as I stare at three tear stained children - the triplets.

My hand on instinct reaches for them desperately. I launch myself forwards - but one of the men catch me by my throat.

"You will watch in horror as we kill your family one by one. Only then, will we have our fun with you." He lets out a snicker. "Lucky for you, you're kind of cute."

"NO!" My hands claw furiously at his forearm, making me happy that I hadn't cut my nails before we left.

In pain, the man releases me from his grasp - allowing me to take in our current positions. The triplets were directly behind the man, Zeref and Allen were near the entrance - of which Allen had collapsed and was breathing heavily.

The two men were approaching Allen and Zeref, but Zeref can't use his magic at the risk of losing us.

"Zeref!!" My voice calls for him, longing for him to be alright.

"Nu-uh sweetheart. You're mine." I stagger slightly, and waver back and forth on my feet. Staring at the floor, I come up with a plan. We are now engulfed with mist, allowing me to see only the man.

"How about a deal." I speak boldly, whether it was of confidence or for confidence I'm not sure of.

Looking up to him, I see I have peeked his interest. He's grinning from ear to ear as he swallows my words.

"A deal?" He chuckles. "What do you propose?"

"I propose you leave my family alone." I look to my feet, waiting for the worst.

"You've got to do better than that girly! What do I get in exchange?" His voice is edged with a violent excitement. One thirsty for only one thing.

"I'll give you my life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER!!!!

So this chapter was getting really long - too long, so next chapter for sure will be the epilogue, which will mark the end of the book.

Welp, don't forget to;

~ENJOY

~VOTE

~COMMENT...

....Leave tons of names in the comments! Preferably names like 'Natsu' or 'Erza', you know, odd names like that. Anyways,

Keep Livin' the Life,
~LivLively