Chapter Eighteen : Epilogue

Zeref's POV

The mist clears, and I spot Lucy with the other man. I have no idea where the children are which concerns me, but I love Lucy. If she dies, I die. She is part of me.

"LUCY!!" I scream her name as she turns and gives me a sad smile.

All sound drowns out as she mouths out - 'I love you'. Tears flow down my cheeks as I watch, sprinting towards her. I scream her name countless times but stop instantly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I sob, loudly wailing...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...as a sharp and deadly...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...spear drives straight through her chest. She staggers, unbalanced on her feet.

But her eyes search the room as she inhales sharply. Her deep chocolatey orbs land upon me. She smile sadly, her torso now gushing with blood.

In that moment, I wish I could've died.

She raise her hand slowly, and waves it shyly at me.

"Goodbye, my darling. I love..."

Her breath is cut short as she falls dead to the ground. My heart aches with an unbearable pain, and the men disappear. Times starts again, and everything regains its colour.

Apart from my slipping away,

gray heart.

***

Natsu's POV

I fly forwards, drilling my face into the dirt.

"W-what was that?" I question the others.

"What did you do now Flame Brain?!" Gray curses at me.

"Oi! I did nothing Ice Princess! Right Luce? Allen..?" I turn to look at them, but nothing stands there. "What..?"

"Did we lose them in the forest?" Erza's armour clinks as she stands up. But just for a moment, I catch a horrifyingly strong magic essence.

A piece of paper flys in front of my face, and I stare at it. Snatching it up in a moment, I read it aloud.

"The mission is off. Go back to your guild where I await. I will then explain." Huh. I turn to look at Wendy, who had a curious look on her face.

"It's to straight forward to be from Lucy, but - " Erza's eyes narrow. " - the guild could be in serious danger in we don't get back.

I raise my gaze to Happy, who just shrugged and started heading the other direction.

And we all headed home.

***

Normal POV

Team Natsu's walk home was quick, and surprisingly they arrived that evening. They all waited patiently for the visitor, but in the end, decided to go home.

The next morning went on as normal. The guild was busy, and everyone was chatting together, and Team Natsu was keeping an eye out for Lucy.

"I feel a presence." Master's voice boomed, and all went quiet.

The doors slammed open, revealing a wizard none of them wished to see.

"Zeref..." Cana was the first one to speak his name, as many others prepared to fight.

"What do you want with Fairy Tail??! Leave now or we will attack you!" Master continued to become more enraged, and no doubt would soon strike him with magic.

"I'm sorry." Zeref's face was shadowed but some could make out tears on his pale cheeks. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He repeated the words over and over again as he dropped to his knees.

"What are you sorry for? Achnologia? Hurting us?" Master steamed, as many other shouted disgraceful taunts and insults.

"I'm sorry for... her. She was my weak spot. I loved her, more than any of you. She was my everything..." Zeref rambling made him feel weak, but he didn't care, for his beloved was gone - his children missing.

"What is her name?" Their Master was a bit calmer now, seeing the state of distress Zeref was in.

"What is her name..? What is her name? What WAS her name. Her name..." He rose his face to look at the Master. "...was Lucy Heartfilia." Natsu and many other were engulfed with rage, but only Master had caught on to his 'was' correction, and he felt himself being overwhelmed with sadness.

"What did you do to our Lucy." Gray growled as Master was still in shock.

"I did nothing. I couldn't do anything! I couldn't use my magic because the children were nearby! If I used my magic they would surely have died!" He paused to take a shaky breath, as he continued to talk while tears took over. "I loved her to death! I loved her and my kids to death! I would've died for them! Anything for them... but she made a deal..." This caught many of the guild member's interest. "..In exchange for our lives... she gave hers.." He started sobbing as he turned around and opened the door.

A very bloodied up Lucy came floated through the doors, her eyes forever shut.

"She would've wanted to be buried here... Fairy Tail is her family. Although not by blood,... " He smiled at her. "...You were in her heart."

With no further explanation, Zeref sprinted sadly out the door.

A funeral was held, and Fairy Tail just wasn't the same for those few days. They found out later on, Mira had spent the entire night looking for the nowhere to be seen triplets. Mirajane felt a burden upon her shoulders, and knew she had to live happy for them.

The entire guild knew, and so, after about three months, everything cheered up again.

Everything was back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so I have no idea when the next book will be out, but like I said before, the chapters will be prewritten, so therefore = more efficient.

Anyways, I hoped you guys liked this book and don't forget to;

~VOTE

~ENJOY & REREAD

~KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE NEXT BOOK

Keep Livin' the Life,
~LivLively