7

Mark's pov

It had been a couple weeks since Riley and Maddox has gotten that day off for the bully messing Maddox. We have had a few play dates for the kids since then. It is so nice to have another parent to talk to. People normally look at Maddox and run the other way. They see her as a problem child;she is not a problem, just different.

"You okay?" Tyler asked, pulling me from the computer.

"Yeah, just going over some papers for the kids to work on. They want to play something else other than dodgeball."

"I don't believe that." He laughed.

"It is more the parents."

"Now that I do believe." He laughed, "So when are you seeing Amy again?"

"Riley and her will be here later today for a play date."

"So when are you going to have a date without the kids?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Dude, I have known you all your life. I know that you have a crush on her."

"No, Maddox likes playing with Riley and it is nice to have a real conversation with another parent. Explaining that Maddox is deaf is not a conversation."

"Look, I know you hate that question, but even a blind person can see that you light up when Amy is around."

"Like I said, it is so nice to talk to another parent."

"Keep telling yourself that." He left the room.

I shook my head then went back to the computer. After a few hours there was a knock on my door.

"Mark, there is a female here to see you." Addy said.

"Who?"

She walked away.

I rolled my eyes as I got up and walked to the front.

When I saw who it was, I felt my anger return.

"Aliison, what are you doing here?"  I asked her coldly.

"I want to talk."

"No, I told you that I never want to see you again."

"That was how many years ago. I am sure your feelings have changed."

"No, if anything I can't stand you even more."

"We were kids!"

"No, you acted like a child! Now I told you that I don't want to talk to you, you can leave."

"How is Maddox?"

"Like you fucking care! You never cared for her. Why do you think I took her?"

"You told everyone that I am dead!"

"You are dead, dead to me! How could you drink while having her in the car?"

"I got upset because you don't want to marry me!"

"So you drank and almost killed our child! How the fuck does that make sense?"

"I forgot she was in the car."

"You left her in the car when you went to the bar?"

"I wasn't able to bring her in."

"Get out, and never come back. Maddox is so much better without you in her life."

Tyler appeared behind her.

"Come on." He said to her.

"No, we need to talk." She glared at me.