17

Mark's pov

Tomorrow is Christmas, and Amy is still not awake. But she needs to heal, she lost a lot of blood thanks to pain in the ass. Today Maddox and Riley are coming over for a little. The nurses are letting Riley in to see her mom to see if that will help Amy wake up. I just hope that this doesn't scare Riley seeing her mom connected to tubes and wires.

"Your friend asked me to give you these." The nurse handed me paperwork on different ways Maddox can hear again. I have thought about hearing aids but she told me that she doesn't want them. That people will make fun of her more.

"Thanks." I said to the nurse taking the papers.

I looked over at Amy, her breathing was soft but much better than when I was holding her in the woods.

"Amy, I am so sorry that I wasn't able to keep you safe." I said low.

"You're still an idiot."

I looked over and saw Tyler walking in with both kids at his side.

I opened my arms as Maddox ran to me hugging me tight.

"Mom!" Riley said as she walked over to Amy.

"She is still sleeping." I said to Riley as she looked so sad.

"Why is she sleeping so long?"

"She was on the run for a long time, her body needs to heal."

Riley walked over to me then hugged me as she said,

"Thank you for finding my mommy, you found her and got her here and kept her safe."

"You and your mother will always be safe with myself and Tyler around."

She smiled up to me then walked over to Amy sitting in the chair next to her waiting for her to wake up.

Maddox pulled on my shirt, I looked over at her and she had the papers about hearing aids in her hands.
"I know that you don't want them, I will find another way." I signed to her.

"Then why do you have them?" She looked so scared as she signed to me.

"The nurse overheard me talking to Tyler about it. He was trying to help me get my mind off of Amy being here."

She looked up at me like she was trying to see if I am telling the truth, then smiled at me.

"I promise that I will not have you do anything that you don't want to do. I know you want to hear again but I am not going to have you to it the scary way." I signed to her then kissed the top of her head.

She gave me the papers back then walked over to Riley and sat next to her.

"You okay?" Tyler asked.

"Allison is here, with her child that she conceived while she was still married to me." I said coldly.

"Mark." Tyler turned pale.

"I am fine, she made her bed and now she has to lay in it."

" I know you too well, forget about her. You have Maddox who is healthy and alive. Let her be the low life that she is."

"I am just worried for that little girl, all she needs is one taste of booze and she can hurt her."

"Did you tell the child's dad?"

"Yeah."

"Then it is out of your hands, you told him and now he has to keep her safe."

"Mark." Riley said.