Chapter 11

"Shh... Don't cry," Marco whispered, gaining consciousness. The scouts had gone silent, watching them intently.

"Take him to the dungeon!" A scout cried causing more scouts from the crowd to yell the same.

Jean held Marco closer to him and held out a blade at the advancing crowd. "GET AWAY FROM HIM BEFORE I BREAK EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY!" Jean screamed. "I'LL KILL YOU ALL! I DON'T CARE!"

"H-Hey!" Moblit yelled, running in front of Jean and Marco protecting them from the crowd. "Let's have these two talk things out before he locks him up. He hasn't proven that he's dangerous yet!" He shouted, trying to calm down the crowd.

"Everyone back to their rooms!" Erwin shouted over the angry mumbling of the crowd. The scouts reluctantly obeyed, leaving Marco, Jean, Hanji, Erwin, and Moblit alone. Jean hesitantly let go of Marco, noticing that he was clutching a bleeding stub of what used to be his right arm. He smiled slightly trying to reassure Jean that he was fine.

"How long have you been a titan for?" Erwin questioned, staring at Marco suspiciously.

"I honestly don't know..." Marco replied. "I remember being eaten by a titan and then being outside the walls. Anything between then I don't remember. How long have I been gone for?" Marco asked.

"A year," Jean said, his voice wavering.

"How did you not know that you were a titan?" Erwin asked.

"I'm sorry Commander but I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions," Marco answered politely. Erwin took this into account and asked one final question.

"Why shouldn't I lock you up and kill you the moment I get the chance?" Erwin asked calmly.

"You can do that if you feel it's necessary, sir," Marco said. Jean stared at Marco in horror, while Erwin and Hanji exchanged looks.

"Commander! There's no reason for you to kill him. He had plenty of opportunities to kill us when he was trying to get Jean but he didn't. Plus, he could be useful to us later on," Moblit explained in Marco's defense. Moblit turned to look at Marco. "You would help us. Right?"

"Yes, sir!" Marco cried. "I'm sorry but I might need some time to heal first," He added sheepishly.

"Of course," Erwin said, eyeing Marco's arm. "So, you said you were eaten by a titan right? I'm guessing the titan only ate your right side based on your injuries." Marco nodded. "Your titan form can heal fast but I'm guessing it doesn't carry over to your human form. Will your arm ever heal?" Erwin asked.

"I hope so. I just think being in my titan form for so long hasn't allowed me to heal that well..." Marco replied, staring at the ground.

"Will that scar go away or was the injury so bad that it couldn't be fully healed?" Erwin asked, curiously.

"Hey, let's leave him alone. I'm sure Hanji will figure this all out eventually. Let's just let him rest and we'll figure things out later," Moblit reasoned.

"I hope I can be useful to you," Marco said, his eyes shining with determination.

"I'm sure you will be but you need to heal first," Moblit said reassuringly.

"I'm sorry but we're going to have to have you sleep in the dungeon. If you turn into a titan in your sleep we can deal with you better if you're down there. Plus, there will be less of a chance that you'll hurt someone. I hope you understand," Erwin explained.

"I understand sir," Marco said.

"Commander. While Marco is in the dungeon I want to be placed there too. I want to know that he's safe," Jean said sternly.

"Sure," Erwin reluctantly agreed. "He'll be perfectly safe there but if it makes you feel better to be with him than I'll allow that."

"Once Marco heals I want to run more experiments on him to figure out how titan shifters work. I also want to find out what he'll be helpful with," Hanji explained, her eyes glittering with an evil kind of excitement. "If that's alright with you of course," Hanji added, looking at Marco expectantly.

"It's alright with me," Marco approved. "I want to be as much help as possible."

"I like this kid," Erwin said with a satisfied smirk.