Part 6

"Did you know why I asked you to stay?" Jennie returned to her seat.

"Y-yes." Lisa had to admit that all of her interest toward the latter was postponed temporarily. 

All she could feel was nothing but fear.

"Good. It means I don't need to tell you what you've been doing wrong. Vice versa, tell me your mistakes that you've acknowledged." Jennie propped her chin with her palm.

"The issues happened because of the system and as a quality assurance; I should have known this problem and even prepared for the preventive action before it occurred. I'm the one who's responsible of the system sustainability and I have failed since there are so many issues happened and caused our division to suffer loss." Lisa said regrettably.

"Hmm.. Correct. But unfortunately, your grief, regret, or whatever you called it wouldn't change our situation now. I'm so disappointed, Lisa. I thought you were better than this but I guess I was wrong." Jennie sighed and Lisa was too ashamed to lift her head up.

"You are careless for not recording the issue. You think it's a small thing, don't you? You assume it won't matter that much. You guess that these small problems don't need to be handled properly but look at what you, your assumption, your guesses, your thought have done to this division." Jennie said with a flat tone. 

She didn't raise her voice like what she had done not long ago.

"Did you even think of your team mate when you decided to ignore these problems? Did it even cross your mind that because of you, all of your team members got scolded by me? Don't you feel guilty about that? Don't you have heart to feel what they have experienced? I'm sure they will stay late today to take care of the issues." Jennie continued.

"I-I'm sorry." Lisa was on the verge of crying by now, not because of she was currently being scolded, but because she digested Jennie's words and realized it that its' true somehow. 

It's all because of her.

"Not only that. You also caused your superior, me, other managers, and even Senior Manager to get punished and scolded by Board of Directors. Do you know that?" Jennie sharply breathed. 

She was too tired to even get mad at Lisa.

"I.. I'm truly sorry, maam." Lisa couldn't utter a word but sorry. 

She never knew such a thing existed. She had communicated with Business Process team regularly, sharing the issue by phone but Jennie was right, she never documented it properly.

"Stop saying sorry. It won't change a thing." Jennie's words stabbed Lisa right in the heart. It was bitter and painful but Jennie had full right to be mad at her.

"Make a table and data every issue found from the current system. Go around and ask to each of our members about the issue they have found, either the one has been resolved or still hasn't been fixed. Send it to Business Process afterward. Put my email and our division members' team email on your CC. Arrange a meeting with Business Process tomorrow to discuss about the issues." Jennie demanded, still with a flat tone.

"Yes, maam." Lisa nodded, still with her head hung low.

"I'm done talking with you. You're allowed to go back to your seat." Jennie switched her focus and turned to her laptop.

"Excuse me, maam." Lisa got up and bowed. 

Jennie ignored Lisa, still feeling disappointed and all.