Part 17

"Wh-Hahahaha!" Lisa suddenly laughed after hearing the confession which made Jennie frown her eyebrows deeply.

"Why are you laughing?" Jennie asked in confusion and slightly annoyance.

"If I hadn't known you better, maybe I already believed your words. That's just great, Nini-ah! Even I never thought you would be the one who would propose- I mean, shouldn't be the man to be the one to propose his woman? Oh well, maybe you just love him too much that you willing to replace his task." Lisa took Jennie's hand from her face and pulled it down.

"It's good by the way! I'm sure he would say yes in an instant!" Lisa added and ruffled Jennie hair lovingly.

'So she thought that words I said were nothing but a practice? That I would say it to my boyfriend but I used her as an example of the experiment? How could she?' 

"Nini?" Lisa waved her palm in front of Jennie's face.

"No! You misunderstood it, Lis! I did it not because-" Lisa cut Jennie and gestured her to wait since her phone rang. 

Lisa answered it and walked steps away from Jennie. It seemed like God didn't bless Jennie to do the confession right here and now since there were too many obstacles that prevented her from saying her feelings out loud to Lisa.

"Sorry. Seulgi called and asked for Cost Allocation data. Let's go have dinner and I will drive you home afterward." Lisa walked first followed by the dejected Jennie.

'Is it Karma? Am I destined to not ever say what I feel for her through words? It surely hurts- At least when she courted me, she had so many chances to say that she loved me. It's just me that too stupid to even let my heart speak for her.' Jennie sighed sadly.

They went to dinner near Jennie's apartment. Lisa said it would be more practical if having dinner near Jennie's place so the older woman could reach her place faster and have a proper rest soon. 

Jennie whose mood had been ruined could only nod her head nonchalantly. 

Lisa asked what happened with Jennie but the older woman didn't say anything about it. Having an experience of being ignored made Lisa used to various Jennie's attitude. 

Lisa let Jennie had her moment and didn't say much during the dinner.

"I have fun! And thank you for letting me having a day off. I really appreciate it." Lisa said when they reached Jennie's apartment.

"It's okay." Jennie forced a smile.

"Are you okay, Nini? You're not sick, aren't you?" Lisa reached out her hand and touched Jennie's forehead. 

Jennie shuddered from that mere touch.

"Your body temperature is fine. Maybe you just feel tired. You need to go inside and have a rest. I'll see you at work tomorrow. Good night." Lisa took her spare helmet from Jennie's hand and turned her body around, intending to go back to her bike.

"I-I think the dizziness goes back. I-I'm not feeling well." Jennie nervously stated.

Jennie bit her lower lips hard, hoping Lisa would change her mind and showed her caring attitude just like last year. She knew she looked so shameless and it's like she didn't have any pride any longer, unlike the usual her. 

But Chaeyoung's word had penetrated her too deep that she wouldn't and couldn't let her logic lead her again. Instead, all of her changes were caused by her heart; her honest heart that didn't want to let Lisa go.