Part 9

A month could barely pass for both parties. Lisa had a difficulty to make herself back to the old self who had nothing but hatred for Jennie. 

Yes, she used to hate the latter; she didn't like her, not even a bit. For her, Jennie had every trait Lisa disliked in a woman which supposedly made her impossible to be loved by Lisa. 

But hey, who could guess the fate, right? All of her confidence vanished in an instant. Perhaps couple of weeks ago, she could proudly say that she hated Jennie, but now? She couldn't even deny the fact that she's so in love with her annoying boss.

What about Jennie? She hated to admit that she felt different since the day Lisa admitted her defeat. She felt lonelier than before. Work used to be her priority aside of her family. In her mind was always about work, work, and work but sadly, now she had to share her mind to think about two things; work and Lisa.

It turned out that Lisa was a woman of her words. Since that Friday night, the younger woman never sent her message nor did she call Jennie anymore. She didn't even inform the latter whether she had arrived or not. 

Jennie was restless that night. She couldn't sleep for some unknown reasons. She still however denied the cause of her insomnia was Lisa. She thought it was because of the upcoming project or well, anything as long as it's not Lisa.

As usual, Jennie would stay late at work but different from couple of weeks ago, she would spend her overtime alone. Lisa would send her report and all of her task lists for that day only when usually, the younger woman would try to help Jennie to do her work, to ease her mind from thinking about many outstanding tasks. It's not that Jennie was unable to do it on her own, it's just that she felt the office was much more quiet than before.

It was expected though, since Lisa had promised not to bother her anymore but she never knew she would feel this way, lonely and kind of lost. Usually, she never heard her stomach grumble because Lisa always assured her stomach would be filled just in time but since their separation, its totally different. Her stomach wouldn't stop making a noise and asked to be fed. It made her had to order delivery food or buy snacks beforehand.

Jennie always went home with her driver or sometimes she had to hail a cab when her task made her stay longer than 9 pm. However, her driver drove carelessly and sometimes he even sped up, making the woman feared and yelled at him. 

Lisa always drove carefully, made sure Jennie had her seatbelt on before starting the engine.

Jennie massaged her head and sighed for the nth time. Today was Friday and she spent her Friday night alone at work, oh well maybe with securities outside. She took a glance at her wrist watch and saw it's passed 8 pm right now. Another hour she spent, and it was guaranteed, she would have to go home without her driver again. She looked at her piled up documents splattered and indirectly asked to be reviewed and verified. 

She never hated work before but today, oh she hated it so much. 

A month since Lisa stop courting her also meant a month since she stop spending her weekend to go on dates, to places which could excite her. She never went to movies anymore or to other places couple usually visited during weekend. She used to never be bothered by that fact but now, she felt fed up with work and needed entertainment. 

But then again, who could entertain her when most of her friends spent their time with families? It was Lisa but now, Lisa was no longer there for her.

"No.. No.. I don't like her that way and I must not like her that way! If I need a lover, then it must be a man!" Jennie told herself, enchanting similar words for some minutes already.