Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Geneveve's POV

After about 30 minutes of watching the Kissing booth, I fell asleep. I can't believe he thought I would be pregnant, a guy in high school doesn't really want a baby. But I like that he was so caring of me, he is different from any other guy I know. He makes me feel happy, and holds me the way I should be held. He is my everything, and I want to be with him. I felt movement so I opened my eyes and saw that we were both lying on my bed, with him snuggled up against me. I smiled and felt my stomach growl, I laughed and stood up carefully, then walked into the kitchen, when I thought about what to get to eat. I picked up my phone and called a Chinese restaurant and ordered some food that I thought James would like.

After ordering, I hung up the phone and walked outside to my car. I got in and started the car when I felt as if someone were watching me, I shrugged off the feeling and started the car, then started driving to the Chinese restaurant. When I got there, I stepped out of the car and rushed inside, I stepped up to the to-go register and paid for the food. When I got back outside I saw someone standing near the street, looking at me. I rushed to my car and hurried back home, when I got home I ran inside and shut and locked the door. I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen, setting the food down on the counter, and started setting out the food. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist, I leaned back and took a deep breath. "James, you will not believe what happened to me today" I say. He just chuckles and grabs my throat. "Try again," the person says. I elbow him and turned around, this man was not James, he looked like the man in the parking lot. I went to scream but he covered my mouth with a cloth and held me tightly, I tried to hit him but he pushed me against the counter and I ended up knocking over a vase, "Sleep well my love, I promise not to hurt you," He said. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

James POV:

I woke up and tried to hug Geneveve, but I didn't touch her I shot up and looked around the room, she wasn't here. I jumped out of bed and rushed downstairs, I didn't hear anything so I ran straight for the living room, then I listened for anything that I could find. When I heard something break and then a muffled voice. I ran to the kitchen and saw Geneveve being held by a stranger, I felt rage, and then I smiled and let my wolf take over. All I remember is attacking him and ripping his throat out, then I took control over again. I picked up Geneveve and carried her into the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. I ran back downstairs and cleaned up the blood and glass that was all over the floor, then I mind-linked Max to get rid of the body.

After cleaning everything up, even myself, I went back to her bedroom and watched over her. I tried to think of something to do, I was so lost. I promised myself to protect her, but I let her down. I knew that it wasn't safe here anymore, I picked her up and carried her out to her car and drove all the way to the pack house. When I got there, I grabbed her and walked inside the house. I carried her up to my room and laid her down on my bed, then I left my room and headed to my father's study room. I had to tell him everything that was going on, but what I do know is that she is in danger, and whomever that man was, he wasn't a human.

Geneveve's POV

(Dream) I was running through a dark forest, sweat pouring down my face. I was wearing a long white dress, with my hair curled and flowing behind me. I continued to run for what felt like hours, until I reached a cliff. James was there, staring out at the sun. I walked up beside him and held his hand, he turned to me and told me to close my eyes. I closed them and opened them, to see that James was gone. And now, there was a big black wolf staring at me, I smiled. It all made sense now, James was a werewolf. My father and mother told me about them when I was little, I always believed in them, I just didn't think I would ever meet one. Or fall in love with one.

I woke up from my dream feeling pain in my core, I sat up slowly and looked around the room. I wasn't at my house, this room was painted in a light grey, with white furniture. I got out of the bed and walked over to the door, opened it, and looked out into the hallway. I knew that I had to get out of there, so I ran down the hallway and turned onto another hallway, and ran down that hallway too. About five minutes later, I found myself staring at the front door. I exhaled and smiled, and raced over to the door. I was about to grab hold of the knob when I heard an amazing voice say my name.

"Geneveve," I turned around and looked into James' eyes, I smiled and ran over to him, jumping into his open arms. I smiled because I remember my dream, I snuggled my face into James chest. "James I know what you are, I had a dream. Your a.. .a.... werewolf," I said. James pulled away from me and lifted my chin up, "Oh my God, Geneveve, I wanted to tell you, I just thought that you would believe that I was crazy," I laughed and shook my head. "No, my parents told me about werewolves. I love you for you James, and I want to be with you," I said. He laughed and leaned in, kissing my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. It may seem crazy about me accepting him so quickly, but what is the point in causing unnecessary fights when we are meant to be together.

I pulled away from James and hugged him close to my body, I felt safe. But I needed him to explain everything to me, why did that man try to kidnap me? "James, we need to talk," I said. He picked me up and carried me back to the bedroom I woke up in, this must be his bedroom. He sat me down and walked over to the bed, he sat down and took a deep breath. "What exactly do you want to know?" he asked. I walked over and sat down beside him. "I know that we are mates, and that you are a werewolf, but my parents told me about about something called ranks or positions, and another person called a moon queen?" I said. He smiled and looked into my eyes, "Let's start with ranks, there are positions like gamma, beta, and alpha-", "What rank are you?" I interrupted. He shook his head, "It's not important," I smiled and squeezed his hand. "It is to me, please tell me," I persuaded, he looked down and whispered, "Alpha"

I stood up and walked across the room, I can't believe it. But if he is the alpha, then what would that mean for me? I turned around and looked into his worried eyes, "What does that mean for me?" I asked. He smiled, "That would mean that you would be my luna, you will help me rule the pack," I shook my head, "No, I can't do that. I am sorry but you will have to find someone else," I said, he shot up and ran over to me. "No, I know you can do it. This all may seem sudden, but I know that you can do it. You are my mate, you need to be luna. Not for me, but for our pack," He said. I looked up into his eyes, he looked as if he was about to cry. I couldn't do it, I was just a normal human, I couldn't give him everything he needed.

"James, I love you. But I am not a werewolf, I can't give you everything that a she-wolf can. A she-wolf is stronger, faster and smarter than me. She can give you children, and I can't give you anything, you don't want me," I started crying, he wrapped his arms around me. "Geneveve, you are better than any girl that I have met in my entire lifetime, and the moon goddess put us as mates for a reason. I do care that you a human, because that makes you even more special to me. I will love no other than you, Geneveve," he kissed my forehead and held me close to his chest. "Geneveve, I am not exactly alpha yet though. I have one month before I am to be crowned alpha, and to be alpha, I need a luna. I kind of have to marry you before I am to turn nineteen," he says. I bit my lip and tried to think about it, everything may be too sudden to take in, but I do love him with all my heart. I couldn't imagine my life without him, I took a deep breath and smiled up at him.

"I will marry you, James. And take position as luna, as long as I have you by my side, then yes I will," I said. He smiled and picked me up, spinning me around in circles. Then he sat me down and kissed my lips. "My beautiful mate", he kisses my forehead, "My strong luna" he kissed my nose, "My Geneveve" then he kisses my lips. Then there was a knock at the door, I pulled away from James and started to laugh. He shakes his head and walks over to the door, "Who is it," he said. "It's Grace, Alpha. Your mother requests your presence and miss Geneveves' presence for dinner,", "Well be right down, thank you,", "Well let's get changed and head downstairs to meet my family," he said.