Chapter 6

I hated to see her cry, even though she wasn't my true mate. She does remind me a lot of her, I plan to treat her the way she deserves, like a queen. It took about an hour to reach our packs grounds, I took her to my house and shifted into my human form. I looked into her red eyes, and my heart automatically broke. "Go get a shower," I said and took her hand and walked her towards the bathroom. "Everything you should need is in there, I will go get you clothes from another female. I should be back shortly, and remember, don't leave," I said to her, she nodded and walked inside the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind her. I walked down the hallway and was about to step outside, until I felt something in my heart, I felt guilty.

I walked over to Lucy's cabin and knocked on the door. Lucy is my cousin, she lost her mate and got lost in despair and sadness. When I told her that I would be taking Alpha James mate, she was happy to see that he would be sad, but she knew that it wouldn't bring her mate back. She opened the door and smiled,

Lucy: "Come in Xander, what can I do for you?" she asked nicely

Xander: "I need to borrow some clothes from you, their for the luna,"

Lucy: "Follow me,"

She nodded her head and walked down the hallway to a separate room, I followed close behind her, to a room with all kinds of clothes. I just stood there looking around like an idiot, she rolled her eyes and started picking out some clothes and putting them into a duffel bag. When she is finished, she hands me the bag and winks at me, "Be good to her, she has a good heart," my cousin says. I nod and walk back down the hallway, and out of her house. I walked the short distance to my house and took a deep breath before entering. I entered the house and walked to the bathroom, but when I got there, the door was cracked and the light was off.

"Genevieve?" I called.

"I'm in your bedroom!" she replied back. I walked a little further and reached my bedroom, when I walked in, she was sitting by the window in nothing but a towel. My wolf jumped around, but I took a deep breath and walked over to her.

"Here are some clothes, everything you need should be in there. I'll be in the living room if you need anything,"

"Thank you," she said. I stopped right in my tracks, and smiled. Then I walked out of the room and shut the door behind me. I don't know what this girl is doing to me, but she is changing me. Normally I would be cruel to people like her, I would beat them and starve them. But she was different, maybe she was my second mate. I didn't want to believe it, but I felt something for her, like I care so much for her. I walked into the living room and sat down, but as soon as I laid down on my couch, I started to fall asleep.

Genevieve's POV

I took out the clothes and laid them on the bed, I ended up picking out a purple tank top and black leggings. I walked back to the bathroom and put my hair into a ponytail, I walked down the hall to the living room to find Xander laying on the couch, sound asleep. I smiled and tiptoed over to him, and sat down on the edge of the couch. I sighed and looked at his face, he wasn't anything like what my parents told me about rogues. He was kind and nice to me, he doesn't harm me or beat me, he gives me the essentials that I need. I slowly moved my hand up to his face and rested my hand against his cheek. I moved my thumb side to side on his cheek, and smiled at him. I don't know why but I felt something for him, like I have the same kind of connection with him like I do with James.

He moved a little bit and opened his eyes, then looked up at me. He smiled at me, and grabbed my hand. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it softly, I couldn't help but giggle. He sat up straight and brought his hand up to my cheek, my heart started beating fast at what he was about to do. He licked his lips and started leaning closer to my face, I closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing. I could feel his breath on the tip of my lips, then I felt something soft and smooth against my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, he grabbed my thighs and pulled me onto him, causing me to straddle him. His kiss was soft but rough at the same time, and I loved it. We both pulled away from our kiss and looked into each others eyes, I could feel small tingles running up and down my side. I don't understand, I thought James was my mate, what if he wasn't?

"Genevieve, we are secondary mates," he whispered. I looked down and tried to think of how it was possible.

"How? That's impossible," I said under my breath.

"Genevieve, sometimes the Moon Goddess gives people second mates. It's very rare but it happens," he tried to explain. He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around my small figure. I snuggled close to him and smiled, my plan was running on course.

James' POV

I paced around in circles around my room and smashed any object that I could get my hands on, she left with him. I would rather die than live and know that I couldn't have my mate, I hated myself for letting her slip through my fingers. I will get her back, I promised myself that I wouldn't rest until I have her back safely in my arms.

I walked up to my office, and started going through Alpha Xanders files. Even though he is a rogue, he does have the right to be called Alpha. I remember killing his mate, she was a sweet girl. But that was when my father was Alpha, I had to do it. I regret it with all my heart, but I had to do it.

I tried to mindlink with Genevieve but I couldn't get through to her, so now all I could think was the worst. Maybe he would just rape and kill her or let her be a slave to his pack. I slammed my fist into my desk and cursed under my breath, I hated thinking the worst about my baby girl. I went to shut down my computer but I heard a voice inside my head. "Don't worry James, I am okay. I will escape soon, and as soon as I do I will communicate with you through our mind link. Until then I love you forever and always, stay strong," and then she was silent. It was her, it was Genevieve, I smiled and started to cry. "I love you too Genevieve,"

Xander's POV

I was sitting on the couch with Genevieve closely in my arms, I really wanted to mark her, and make her mine. But I knew that she wasn't ready for that kind of commitment towards me after I took her away from James. And without her, he can't become Alpha without her as his Luna unless he takes another woman. But that isn't like James, when he wants something or someone, he will stop at nothing to get it. I kissed the top of Genevieve's head and was about to get up but she wrapped her arms around my body and pulled me back to her. "Please don't leave me," she whispered. I sighed and kissed her forehead. "I am not going anywhere," I whispered back. She smiled and snuggled closer to my chest. I smiled and closed my eyes, falling asleep with her.

Genevieve's POV

I knew that Xander was asleep, so I tried to mindlink James. As soon as I felt our minds connect, I told him everything from my heart, "Don't worry James, I am okay. I will escape soon, and as soon as I do I will communicate with you through our mind link. Until then I love you forever and always, stay strong," and then I blocked him out of my mind. I felt Xander move a little bit and wrap his arm around my waist, I took a breath and just closed my eyes. "I will escape soon, and that is a promise that I plan on keeping,"

Xander nuzzled his nose into my neck, "Good evening my love," I smiled and turned around to face him, "Good evening my knight," I said in a princess voice. Xander laughed and stared into my eyes. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth, "Would you like something to eat? I bet you're starving," he said. I nodded and he grabbed my hand, and lifted me from the bed. I followed him hand in hand to the kitchen, where I looked around the cabinets to see what to make for us. I was getting the ingredients to make eggplant parmesan, but Xander grabbed my hand and shook his head. "I have people who cook for me, you are the luna, therefore you have no need to cook," he said. I smirked at him and continued to set out the ingredients. "Just because you have people who can cook for you doesn't mean you shouldn't cook for yourself," I replied. He laughed and walked over to the sink, washing his hands, then returned to where I was about to start cutting the eggplant.

"So, tell me how I can help," he said. I stood there shocked at his response, I smiled and handed him the knife. "Start cutting the eggplant like this," I took his hand that had the knife and helped him cut a small slice of the eggplant. He smiled and nodded, I walked over and started cracking the eggs. I didn't know about this soft side of Xander, it was kind of relieving, but I shook those thoughts out of my head and continued to make eggplant parmesan.