Chapter 9

James's POV

I pushed my hands through my hair and leaned back in my chair. I was really stressed because rogues were starting to come within our border, I believed that it was Alpha Xander. But if he wanted her back, he would have already tried to attack our base. I mind linked my beta and told him to increase the security near the border, just so that I can keep the pack and my mate safe. I really wish Genevieve was here, holding her in my arms. I finished the last little bit of my paperwork and packed everything that I need to, then I started to head home. I got into the car and closed my eyes as my driver, Rick, drove me to my house. I couldn't wait to get home and hold Genevieve in my arms, I closed my eyes and thought of her beautiful face.

(At home)

I opened my eyes when the car stopped, and I opened my door, then headed inside. I walked through the doors to see my servant, Mia, holding small papers in her hand, she looked at me and her eyes widened. So she bowed her head and ran to her room, I tilted my head to the side and walked to her room and knocked on her door. "Mia, is there something wrong?" I asked. I have known Mia my entire life, she was my crush when we were growing up, but we have just been good friends since. She opened her door a little bit and looked up at me with a smile, "Nothing is wrong Alpha, I just had to rush into my room for an emergency," she said. I nodded and dropped the conversation there, I bowed my head and walked away to my room.

I opened the door and walked inside to see Genevieve asleep under the covers, I smiled and walked to my closet. I took off my clothes and walked over to the bed in my boxers, then laid down beside her and looked at her beautiful face. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, falling asleep next to her.

Genevieve's POV

I woke up to my stomach calling for food, I stretched and tried to get up. But something was holding me down, I looked down to see James arm wrapped over my waist. I smiled and slowly got out of his grasp, I walked out of our room and walked towards the kitchen. I entered the kitchen and saw Mia wiping off the counters and other females cleaning or cooking, Mia looked up at me and smiled, I nodded my head to her and walked over to the freezer and got out the ice cream that Mia got for me earlier. I walked over to the table as Mia walked over to the dishwasher and grabbed me a spoon. I thanked her and started eating my ice cream, then I heard a loud bang and then an alarm went off. Mia dropped everything and ran over to me, grabbing me by the arm, trying to pull me towards the wall of the kitchen. I was completely frozen, so I let her drag me along towards the wall. All I could think about was if my mate was okay.

Mia's POV

Alpha James told the pack that if the alarm went off, then someone had broken in. There have been a few times when this has happened, and it wasn't a big deal. But now that we have a Luna who is pregnant, we need to protect her. I dropped everything I had and rushed over to her, grabbing her by the arm and trying to drag her to the secret entrance that was hidden behind the kitchen wall. I pulled her along without any resistance, she looked as if she was in another world. I let her go and walked to the picture that was hanging up, and pushed the nail that was holding up the picture. Then a door opened, I turned around but she wasn't there anymore. I helped everyone else inside, then shut the door and went to go find her. I walked out of the kitchen to see men in all black, shooting guns. I ran over to a bunch of women and children, and helped them inside some of the tunnels. After I got everyone inside, I looked around for Genevieve, she was holding a baby in her hands and crying.

I rushed over to her just in time to see a wolf approaching her, I stood in front of her and growled at the wolf, showing that I will fight if I need to. The wolf laughed and shifted into his human form, my eyes widened as I looked at his body, then looked up into his eyes. "Mate" we whispered at the same time. He walked over to me and I growled, letting him know not to come over towards me and the Luna. I grabbed Genevieve's hand and helped guide her to the tunnels, my mate slowly followed behind me. I helped her inside and shut the door behind her, I could hear her screaming my name, but I ignored her cries and turned to my mate, he had a smile on his face as he walked closer to me. He stood in front of me and rested his nose on my head and to a sniff, then he wrapped his arms around my body, "My mate" he whispered. I looked up at him and smiled.

"What is your name?" he asked

"Amelia, or Mia for short. What's yours?" I asked back

"Alpha Xander," he said.

I gasped and pushed him away, this was the rogue alpha. I shook my head and started to back away from him, he growled and looked at me, "What's wrong?" he asked me

"You......You tried to take our luna. You are killing innocent people. I can't love you, you monster!" I screamed at him. His eyes widened and he looked to the side, all of a sudden he ran over to me and threw me over his shoulder, I screamed and tried to get out of his grasp. But it was no use, I mind linked the Alpha and took a breath

(Their conversation)

Mia: Alpha!

James: Mia! Where is my mate? Is she alright?

Mia: Yes, she is alright. But I just met my mate, he is Alpha Xander

James: I thought Genevieve was his second mate?!

Mia: No sir, I am his second mate. I am leaving with him

James: Alright, if you need to come back to the pack. You are always welcome back.

Mia: Thank you so much James, tell Genevieve that I'll visit often

James: I will, and you are invited to our wedding

Mia: Thank you Alpha. Goodbye

James: Your welcome, bye Mia

I blocked him just as Xander put me down. He shifted into his wolf and looked back at me, I nodded and got onto his back, holding onto him as he ran through the forest.

James POV

I felt my mind link with Mia go away, I walked over to one of the secret doors, and opened it. I walked inside and ran through the tunnel until I reached the room that was connected by all of the secret tunnels. I looked around to see if my mate was here, until I saw her beautiful blue eyes crying. I ran over to her, and looked to see a baby in her arms. I knelt down beside her, and grabbed her arms. She jumped and looked at me with tears in her eyes, I pulled her close to me and looked at the baby, the baby was sound asleep in her arms. She looked back at the baby and shook her head.

"She told me to look after him," she mumbled. I tilted my head to the side and looked at her face, she was very upset and clearly distressed. I helped her up and told everyone that the coast was clear, when everything was cleaned up and everyone went back to what they were doing. I brought Genevieve to our room and laid her on the bed with the baby. I laid beside her, putting the baby in between her and I. I knew whom that woman was, she was one of the few women whose mates died during a war with rogues a few weeks ago. She was slowly dying, but she had a sister who is the legal guardian of the baby, so I will take the baby to her sister in the morning. I closed my eyes and drifted into a sweet and peaceful sleep.