Eight

I resisted further, giving him a firm look. "I don't think we should do this."

"How unfortunate my brother is that he cannot see you in the light." He caressed my face, eyes roving over me. "You truly are something to behold."

"I don't think your brother would appreciate this."

Reluctantly, the dark prince let me go with a shrug. "Fine. If you really aren't interested I suppose I'll have to find another way to win your heart."

I shuddered to think of the dark prince following me around thinking of things to do for me. Seeing what I like and whatnot.

With a wave of his arm, he ushered me down the rest of the corridor. It was darker here. He came up behind me, slipping a blindfold over my eyes. "Is this really necessary?"

"Yes," he murmured.

My eyes closed against the soft fabric, and I became trapped in darkness. "How am I supposed to-"

"I'll lead you." His breath was hot against my ear. I felt my stomach lurch again and my knees trembled. I felt his lips softly graze the pale skin at my neck. When I swung around to hit him, he laughed and caught me by the wrist. "I like your spirit, princess."

What did that mean?

"I think you should let go of my arm."

"But it's such a lovely arm." His lips ran along the inner side of my forearm and pressed together at the palm.

Whoozy. I'm too whoozy! I can't faint now! Not in his arms. We're right outside the dark Lords room!

"Nell, I-"

"You called me by my first name?" He chuckled and I felt him draw nearer. "I thought I told you to call me your highness?"

Swallowing against the feelings I had, I whispered, "Your highness-"

"Again."

"What?"

"Say it again but...slower."

"Your H- highness"

"Again."

"Your...h-highness."

"Again." It was a whisper. I could not see him but I felt his hand press against my lower back.

It came out breathier than before. Feelings surged I couldn't recognize. "Your...high...ness-"

He cut me off with a kiss! His lips smashed to mine, swallowing the word with a gulpful of air. He had his arms around my lower body, and...he tasted so good. So wonderful. So deliciously tempting. I felt my hands climb up the front of his uniform, up to his shoulders. He had me pressed against the wall, tongue hungrily searching mine for more...more...more...

Finally, he pulled back with a chuckle.

I wanted, fighting to catch my breath. I tried to seat him, but he only laughed more. "You taste as good as you look, princess." Nell took my hand.

"That was uncalled for!" I blurted.

"I don't think so. By the way you reacted, I'd say my brother has some competition."

His brother...oh no!

The door opened and Nell led me inside, calling for his brother to come out. He sat me in a cushioned chair that felt very much like a throne and whispered, "Until next time, princess."

I gulped. The door closed. Silence.

My heart beat unsteadily, head still whoozy from the moment before. "H- hello?" I called out.

A voice even huskier and deeper than Nell's called, "Opal."

"Yes."

"We meet at last."

Footsteps and I heard the voice draw closer until it was right in front of me. "I am the Dark Lord."