Twelve

"Sebastian!" Nell's hollering could be heard down every Hall. The servants parted, watching flabbergasted.

Oh no oh no oh no...
He marched straight into the dark Lords room!

"Wait! He'll kill you!" I cried.

"Let him try." Nell slammed the door in my face.

I paced the hall outside, biting my fingernails. This was not good! I didn't mean to start a fight.

I stopped pacing after several minutes. Nothing could be heard through the great wood doors. What if Prince Nell had seen the dark lord? What if he'd been killed?

"Nell?" I knocked timidly on the door. No answer.

"Nell!" I used my fist next. Still nothing.

"Nell? Are you okay? What's happening!" Both fists this time and I was in tears.

Finally, the door opened and the dark prince stepped out. He smirked easily, eyes slanting. "What's all the pounding for, princess?"

I couldn't help but throw my arms around him, sobbing out of relief. "I thought you'd been killed!"

"It'd take more than a talking to for that to happen."

"You mean...all you did in there was talk?"

"Well, scold is more like. Or chastise. Or chide. However you want to put it."

His fingers curled under my chin until it nestled in the cup of his palm. He stared me in the eye, a twinkle lighting his. "Either way, he should be nicer to you from now on."

I knew my face turned red, but I couldn't help the heat he might feel in his hand. All I could think about was the kiss last night. How he had me held there, and how the feelings surged made me both light-headed and squeamish.

His smile started to fade, eyes drifting down to my lips. The playfulness faded away, and in it's stead there was a kind of hunger. Something you might see I'm a beast curiously playing with a smaller animal of prey. He knows he has me. He knows I'm trapped and the battle against myself is already lost. He's simply debating on taking me now or waiting to have a little more fun with me along the way.

His lips came closer and I closed my eyes. A feeling of prickly, excited flames shot through the spot between my legs. It was like rippling water alight with firecrackers that dropped from above. Kiss me...kiss me! Take me now, it seemed to cry out and I had to stop myself from whispering aloud.

"Well." He snorted softly.

And when I opened my eyes he smirked again. "You are a curious one, aren't you?"

He let go of me, walking off and leaving me behind. I steadied myself against the wall, clutching at where my heart beat fast. Nell's figure vanished around the next corner, his cape whipping up briefly

I collapsed to the floor on my knees, the Hem of my nightgown billowing around me. There was no doubt about it. I had fallen for the dark prince Nell.

He had me in the palm of his hand. But would he keep me or hand me over to the dark lord?