5- Normal

Ella POV:
  I woke to a note and a gift box laying on my night stand. I take to not off the table a see it's from Connor, "had to leave early for work, have a good day at school and I hope this gift makes you feel a little more normal. Connor" 

I open the box and inside is a brand new iPhone X and it was already turned on, and had a texted from Connor on it.

Connor - good morning!
Me - good morning, thanks for the phone!
Connor - your welcome, hope you like it.
Me - it's great!
Connor - hope you have a good first day at school and text me off you need anything. I will pick you up as soon as school lets out and take you to the your doctors appointment.
Me - ok, sounds good.

   Through all the commotion of starting back school I almost forgot about my appointment to check on the baby. "I sure hope your ok in there," I say as a rub my belly.

Several Hours later...
  School had been ok so far but I was all kinds a blur since everyone had been here all year and I haven't been to school at all in a month. I felt like I was trying to play catch up with all the information being thrown at me all at once. Finally the last bell rings and I gather all my stuff to leave.

"Hey are you new, I haven't see you around before," a girl says from behind me.

"Yeah, this is my first day and I have only live in Memphis for about a month," I say as I finish putting all my stuff in my backpack.

"Ok cool, I'm Abby!" She say extending her hand out to me for me to shake and I quickly take it, "I'm Ella, it's nice to meet you."

"So you wanna hang out after school, I can help you get caught up on your class work?" She offered kindly as we make our way out of the classroom.

"Well I have a doctors appointment today as soon as I leave here, but if you put your number in my phone, I can text you when it's done." I say handing her my phone.

"Ok sounds like fun, I'll bring us a pizza and we can study and hang out." She says as she puts her number in my phone and gives it back to me.

"Ok, sounds like a plan," I say exited to have made a friend already and it's only the first day or school. I'm kinda starting to feel like myself again.

Connor POV:
  I see Ella com out of the school with another girl, she was talking and laughing. As they made it close to the truck I got out and stood up against the it waiting for her. "Hey Connor this is Abby, Abby this is Connor!" She say introducing us.

"Wow Ella your Boyfriend is hot," Abby says causing Ella to turn red but I could tell  she was trying to hid it from me.

"Well Abby it was nice to meet you, but we have to go or Ella is going to be late getting to her appointment," I say before opening the door and letting Ella in.

"Ok well I'll we y'all later," she says before turning and walking off to some other kids across the parking lot.

"So she thinks I'm your boyfriend?" I ask making her turn even more red.

"I swear I didn't tell her that, I'm so sorry!" She says clearly embarrassed by what was said.

"It's ok Ella, I know you didn't!" I say reassuring her as a part of me kinda liked hearing that Abby girl think Ella was mine. 

"Get a grip Connor she is 17 and your 21, your her guardian, she is pregnant by your brother, and you have a girlfriend." I think giving myself a mental slap as I grip the steering wheel harder in anger at myself.

   We sit in the doctor office as we wait for them to call us back and I can't help but wonder how this is all going to work out, and also how I'm going to break the news to Maddie that Ella is having a baby. Maddie has been so amazing and understanding through all this, but asking her to help raise a baby that neither one of us asked for isn't going to be easy.