13- Wedding Day

Ella POV:

It's been almost a year since we brought Braley home and she is healthy and thriving. I don't know how I ever lived without her. As I get my hair and makeup down for what's going to be my big day, i watch Braley out the corner of my eye as she happily sits in the floor playing with Connors mom and tear start to form in my eyes as I wish my mom and dad could be here to not only see me get married but to watch their beautiful granddaughter grow up.  "Honey what's wrong?" I hear Jessica say form in front of me as I assume she notice me crying.
"I can't help but be a little sad that my parents can't be here and that they will never know their own granddaughter," I say as I look down at my sweet Braley who is trying to get my attention by pulling on my leg. I pick her up and I become a little sadder.
"She looks so much Bradley it's almost as if she could be his twin," I say and immediately regret saying that to Connor mom of all people about a boy who was born from her husbands infidelity. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," I apologies to Jessica.
"Honey don't be sorry it's ok, I know you loved Bradley and I'm glad you have y'all's sweet daughter to remind you of him daily. I also know some days it will be hard to see him in her and other days you will love that she looks like him so that you will never forget his face and the love you two shared. I also know that even though your love for Bradley will never die that you love my son, and he love you and Braley too more than I would have ever though he could love after his dad left." She said with a smile before raping me in her arms.
"Hey and Ella can you promise me something?" She asked me as she pulls back and looks at me seriously.
"Sure anything," I say honestly.
"Get Connor to talk to his dad, I think they need each other even if they don't realize it. Also I think a father who lost his son would love to know he has a granddaughter that looks just like Bradley," she say with tears wailing up in her eyes.
"I promise I'll try my best but I can't make Connor do anything he doesn't want to," I say honestly.
"That's fine, but I think we could start by inviting him to his son's wedding," she say before handing me a piece of paper with a number on it. I grabbed my phone from the table, entered the number and pressed call. As the phone rang and went to voicemail I decided it was for the best and I left a message with the address and time of Mine and Connors wedding. I decided not to tell him about Braley over voicemail but to wait for him to call back.

Connor POV
As I finished up getting dressed I realized I was only about twenty minutes from marrying the love of my life, and I could help but smile at the though of her finally being mine forever. I was broken out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. "Come in," I say as I make my way to the door. As the door open I realize it's a man I thought I would never see again, anger quickly rises up in me. "What are you doing her dad, and how did you know I was getting married today?" I demand answer as I ball and un-ball my fist, holding back the urge to punch him in his face for the hurt he cause me and my mom. "Son Ella called me, she left me a voice mail saying that I needed to be here to see you get married," he informs me.
Ella would never betray me like that," I say getting angrier.
"Please son, just here me out!" He begs of me as he walks out of the hall and into the room.
"I'll give you two minutes, then I have to get to my wedding," I say as I take a deep breath trying to calm down.
"Son I know I messed up, but I'm sorry and I just want to try to make things right with you. Losing your brother was the hardest thing and I don't know that I will ever be over it but I have learned life is to short and that I done want to leave this earth without knowing I had you in it." Dad says with tears forming in his eyes. "Dad I can't promise that everything will be alright between us but I'm willing to try if not for myself then for Braley because she deserves to know her grandfather," I say honestly.
"Wait you have a daughter and you named her after your brother, how, when and its Ella's, why didn't she say anything on the phone?" He ask her confused.
"Yes dad I have a daughter but she actually is Ella's and Bradley's dad, she looks so much like him it's scares me something but I know Bradley would have wanted you in her life," I inform him as tears begin to form in my own eyes.
"I had no idea that Bradley and Ella where a couple let along that they were having a baby," dad says somewhat smiling through his tears.
"From what Ella says he never wanted to admit his feelings for her but that she knew he loved her just by his actions," I say as I begin to whisper I would have tried to make admins with my dad along times ago so that I could have gotten to know my brother better than I did.
"Can I see my granddaughter?" He asked with excitement in his voice.
"You can meet her after the wedding," is at with a smile as I walk up to my dad and give him a hug.
"I'm glad you came today dad," I say before we release from the hug and we both make our way to the sanctuary.

  Watching as Ella walked down the Isle to me, I can't help but feel lucky to be marring the most beautiful girl in the world. "Lady and gentlemen we are gather her today to join these two in holy matrimony, if anyone has any rejections to these two getting married speak now and forever hold your piece," the preacher say before pausing just a minute and then continuing.
"Do you Connor Anderson take Ella Hanson to be your wife, to have and told hold in sickness and in health from this day forward as long as you both shall live?" The preacher ask. "I do, I say smiling before slipping the ring onto Ella's finger.
"Do you Ella Hanson take Connor Anderson to be you husband, to have and told hold in sickness and in health from this day forward as long as you both shall live?" The preacher ask.
"I do, Ella's says as she puts the ring on my finger.
"I know pronounce you man and wife, you may kid your bride!" The preacher say and I take Ella into my arms and kiss her as if it was the first time I was filling her lips on mine.

Ella POV
As the wedding reception was in full swing I look around to find where Connor had slipped off to and I see him across the room taking to his dad and Mr. Anderson had Braley in his arms and I could tell from the way he was looking at her it was love at first sight. I begin to make my way over so that I could thank him for coming and also apologize for not tell him about Braley sooner.
"Hey Mr. Anderson, I see you have met Braley and I want to say I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her sooner," I say sadly with regret.
"Ella it's ok don't apologize I know you did what you thought was best for her and for Connor," he says kindly.
"It's crazy how much she looks like Bradley isn't it?" I ask as tears form in my eyes.
"Yes she looks so much like him, and I'm glad that I know get to have a pice of him in my life again also, thanks to y'all for deciding to share her with me and I hope one day soon y'all can come to the house and let Bradley's mother meet her to," he has as he hands Braley to me.
"Of course we would love too," I say politely before becoming surrounded by people wanting to congratulate me.
"Oh Ella you look beautiful, I'm so glad I was able to make it down here for your big day," Abby says excitedly!
"Me too I would have wanted my best friend to miss it,"I say laughing at her excitement.
"Ok well I have to go find out who that cutie is over there," she say pointing to a guy I think is one of Connors distance cousins.
As I stand back and watch everyone around me I smile at how perfect today as tuned out to be.

Hope y'all enjoyed the last chapter, I will be posting an Epilogue soon.