Drabble: Hogwarts Houses

THIRD POV:

The Summer Solstice was in session when Ophelia appeared in the middle of the thrones ruffled up a bit but with a huge smile holding a rather tattered brown witch like hat.

"Uhh princess what are you doing?", Apollo asked snapping everyone out their confusion.

She ignored everyone else's stares and turned to her husband who face-palmed sighing deeply.

Bouncing on the balls of her feet she gave her husband a big grin as she excitedly showed him the hat.

"Hades! Hubby! Look, the Sorting Hat!", she squealed smothering the hat who cursed at her which she ignored.

Everyone shrunk down to human size and gathered around the hyperactive goddess who rapidly told her husband what had just happened.

"So I was visiting my godsons at Hogwarts and they gave me these delicious late mother's day chocolate. I was going to floo home when I saw him all alone and I felt bad for him so I decided to take him with me but then—"

*deep breath*

"McGonagallstartedtoyellatmedemandingthatiwastoreturnitgeezshedidnthavetobesorudebutthenthestaffstartedtochasemeandweranaroundtheschoolandwhenilostthemiflashedhere!", she rapidly exclaimed with a huff at the end before smiling again.

The gods and goddesses tried to keep up but gave up half way through while Hades tried to calm his wife down.

"Can you repeat what you said but slower this time", Hades asked when Ophelia visibly started to calm down.

She huffed at him before nodding, "So I was visiting my godsons at Hogwarts and they gave me these delicious late mother's day chocolate. I was going to floo home when I—", she paused blinking rapidly before shaking her head.

"Whaa?", she murmured confused as she looked around noticing the thrones and questioned herself on how she got to the Summer Solstice in the first place. Looking down at the hat in her hands she slapped her forehead.

"Ugh please don't tell me I'm holding the Sorting Hat...", she groaned as Hades patted her back in condolence while Hermes and Apollo snorted up a storm in the background.

Everyone lost it when the irritated Sorting Hat started to yell up a storm at Ophelia, "YOU DAMN LASSIE! IT IS I THE HOGWARTS SORTING HAT! YOU'VE GOT SOME NERVE KIDNAPPING ME CHILD!".

Everyone started to giggle and chuckle when Ophelia started to profusely apologize for her actions because her godsons decided it would be funny to prank her.

Ophelia was going to put them over her knee the next time she visited them.

Once the hat calmed down, Hermes and Apollo began to be interested in the hat knowing of Ophelia Hogwarts days.

"So this is the sorting hat?", Apollo asked peering at the old battered brown hat.

"—doesn't seem like much", Hermes continued standing next to Apollo.

The Sorting Hat bristled. "I'll have you know I've been sorting witches and wizard since the medieval day. House of Gryffindor for the daring and the brave. House of Slytherin for the ambitious and Cunning. House of Ravenclaw for the wise. And finally House of Hufflepuff of the loyal and the fair".

"Sort us!", Hermes and Apollo exclaimed suddenly interested.

The Sorting Hat huffed, "You're not even students of Hogwarts but who am I to deny the request of literal gods and goddesses".

Ophelia was smiling inwardly, man this was going to be good she thought as she took out her camera. A chair was brought forth in the middle of the gods and goddesses who watched on mildly curiously as Hermes sat on the chair with the Sorting Hat on his head.