17. Different turn of events

Seeing my friend after so many years ago was truly shocking. Nothing less than knowing that he is a villain now. But he never had any intention of hurting me so I have no reason to, how can I say it, avoid him. He left the League. At least what I heard is that he was kicked out. He told me it's because I got away. I felt sorta bad for hearing that because I believe that's the place where he considered home, so being kicked out like that must be really painful. I walked with him through the park and we were talking about everything, even tho the most annoying part to him was hearing about Hawks. But something popped into my mind. Something that actually I never considered asking him! It was his real name.

When I returned home I had a nice dinner and after that got a shower. I was only covered in my towel when Hawks came home.

''Baby I'm home!'' He said with a wide grin. Okay, it's now or never. I got some shorts and t-shirt and went to meet him.

''Hey honey.'' I said with a small smile. He was looking at me, seeing that I was nervous for some reason he decided to ask first. ''What's is it?''

''Actually there is one thing very important that we never discussed it.'' I said not waiting a minute. He was looking at me confused.

''Okay, I'm not sure about what are you talking about but go on.''

''Hawks, well, that's how everyone calls you, ummm...I want to know what's your real name.'' He looked at me wide eyed.

''Oh...um....well...'' He laughed nervously. I took his hands in mine and look him in the eye.

''I mean, seriously we are dating for more than half a year and I still don't know that. It's really shameful and embarrassing to me. After all I am your girlfriend.'' I smiled.

''Yes, you are right. But the truth is no one knows my real name, except my parents. Also Endeavor.''

''Is it that bad to know your real name, so you're not telling it to anyone?''

''No, of course not. It's just, well when I say it, you have to do something for me.'' He had a mischievous look in his eyes. I rolled my eyes.

''Oh, what's that?'' He leaned closer. ''I want you to...kiss me.'' Nothing was surprising about him anymore.

''And what if I don't want to?'' I tried to tease him. He pout a little. ''Then, I won't tell you.'' And then he looked at me with wide eyes. ''Wait, did you just said you don't want to kiss me??''

''Yes.'' He put his hands on the part of his chest where his heart is pretending that he's hurt.

''But...but...'' I wrapped my arms around his waist. I looked up at him, whispering against his lips but not kissing him. He stiffed a little.

''I'm listening.'' I kissed his nose. Little pink forming on his cheeks.

''My real name is...Keigo Takami.'' So cute! Why is he so cute!

''Keigo...'' I whispered in his ear, and gasped at the end. Oh my God, I'm being so bad right now, heheheh.

His face was now bright red. His jaw stiffened. ''Don't...do that.'' I looked at him confused.

''Wait, why?'' My arms still wrapped around his waist. ''I'm not in the mood.'' Hearing him say that was hurtful. I never thought I would hear something like that from him. But I understand in some way. Work, stress... I mean there are times when couples even become cold towards each other. They become.....I can't even say it again. I stepped away from him.

''Alright.'' I returned with a weak smile, and went in my room. There was a separate room in Keigo's apartment. The main room was his and the other one was mine. Mostly for my old stuff that I brought from my old apartment. Usually we are in his since we sleep together and the bed is huge. But tonight...I don't believe we will sleep with each other. Honestly I would like to sleep alone tonight. I turned off the lights and went to sleep. After some time I felt someone's weight on my bed. I was pretending to be asleep. After that he touched my cheek. Gently. I smiled and opened my eyes only to see....Dabi?!

I looked him with wide eyes, and I immediately sat up.

''What are you doing here?! How did you get in?!'' I yelled in a whisper. He put his fingers on my lips to shush me.

''No need to know that.'' He rubbed his thumb on my lower lip. I gasped. ''I like...the sound of that.'' He took a deep breath. He was looking at me with such intensity that was unbearable.

''Sound of what?'' He came closer to me, I could feel his hot breath on my lips. ''The sound of you....gasping like that..''

I pushed him as hard as I can. He looked at me with wide eyed.

''Don't you dare. I love Hawks and it will always be him.'' He sat up, disappointment on his face.

''I believe I can change that. He's no better than me except that he's on the other side. Besides you are a pain in the ass for him. And the most important thing is that you two are getting colder and more distant with every each passing day.'' He came closer to me his face was no longer his face. It was something horrific, something terrifying, and then....

''AAAAAHHHH!!!'' I jumped out of my bed screaming at the top of my lungs. Cold sweat was all over me. Everything in front my eyes was the total darkness. I hugged my legs to my chest and started crying. The pain was unbearable. I can't take it anymore. This is over. I have to get away.

In the next moment I was in a warm embrace. I didn't return. I just stood there frozen.

''Just calm down. Please...'' I broke the embrace. He looked at me shocked.

''Keigo...just go out...leave me alone...''

''No. Why wo-'' I interrupted him.

''I don't need you, alright.'' I screamed through tears, while packing my things. His voice started shaking, while not believing what am I doing.

''(Y/N)...please don't say that...'' He wrapped his arms around my legs looking at me with the most heartbroken expression ever.

''We are breaking up. I can't take it anymore.'' His grip tightened on me.

''WHAT?! WHY?! NO! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! I LOVE YOU!''

I wasn't able to get through. I was still trapped in a dark place. In that moment everything around me started changing, my body was burning and I felt my head getting on the verge of explosion.

There was an unfamiliar voice...sounds....whispers...sensations...

''You are mine now darling. You don't need anyone. You are better off alone. Since you can't do it. I will do it for you. Now it's my turn.''

After that my consciousness completely slipped away.

To be continued...