| - 4

The whole day each time my mind goes wandering off I remember yesterday's night. The bits I can remember. Mostly images, but here and there I remember sounds or touches. My little meeting with whatever his name is, totally replaced Mr. Cillian and Mary. One thing I can't forget about him is his different colored eyes. I look it up. It's called heterochromia iridis and is a genetic mutation.

The whole situation is scaring me a bit. I thought that at 19 I had being an incubus figured out. I know that I have a lot of other stuff I still have to figure out, but I thought I was done with this special side of me. But last night had shown me that there is stuff I don't know. Maybe I should ask my parents about it. I have never lost control like this, I never acted on my instincts like this, and I have never been this caught up on a hookup. I can't even explain that I stayed this morning and cooked something for his daughter. I didn't think about it at the moment, but now it seems strange. Normally I would have just showered and left the house not bothering what would happen to him, but know it drives me crazy that I don't know his name.

It's Friday night and I don't need to work tonight, but I don't want to be alone with all these thoughts, so I call Andrew and Mick. Both are down to hitting some bars tonight. Mick suggests going to the place we have been on Saturday. It's called 'Vendigo'. Maybe they have another awesome music act performing. So we meet up and walk there. Sadly the live music only starts later in the night and the place is pretty empty, so we buy some drinks and sit at the beach.

"Don't laugh at me. I didn't know what to say", Mick complains.

"But you said 'Hi, I like to meet you.' You don't say that just after she picks up", Andrew lies on the ground laughing, holding his stomach.

"I shouldn't have called her", Mick played with the sand under his hands. He looks devastated.

"At least you called her. Not everyone would be so brave", I try to cheer him up even though only an idiot would call and start with that line.

"Hey", Andrew is still laughing, "I am just messing with you." He took a few breaths to calm himself down and then boxed my leg. "Other topic, what is the matter with you, Koda?"

I look up, surprised that he asks. Mick is just glad that we are no longer talking about him, but I feel uneasy about Andrew's smirk.

"What are you talking about? I am fine."

"Don't give me that. You skipped classes this morning and you have been staring absently in the distance like you are in some kind of dramatic theater play."

"As I said, I haven't really slept ..."

"Don't give me that bullshit. We both know it's something else", he raises his eyebrow and looks at me full of expectation.

"What are you talking about?", and I am genuinely clueless. Yes, I have been daydreaming the whole day and not really listened to their conversation, but what brilliant deduction did he draw from that?

"Come on you can tell us!", okay Andrew, you have to calm down. At least now Mick looks just as confused as me. He leans over and whispers something in Andrew's ear. Andrew whispers something back and Mick's eyes widen.

"Yeah, Koda, you can tell us we won't judge!", Mick encourages me. That is a weird thing to say and I still have no idea what they want to hear from me.

"I have no idea what you want from me."

"Come on is it so hard to say?", Andrew teases.

"Okay", I say, " then tell me what you think is going on."