Prologue

"Hey, I'm heading out. See you on Monday." the young man says to his friend before leaving the house and the party.

He looks at his phone as he steps outside into the cool air before he notices that it started to rain. The sky is dark and the full moon is not visible through the thick, dark clouds.

Luckily the familiar car stops in front of him and the boy gets in on the passenger side quickly.

"Thanks for picking me up, dad." he says as he turns up the heat just a little bit. He is an alpha, but it's still a cold December night. And the rain isn't helping.

"Your mother would've skinned me alive if she would find out you asked me and I didn't pick you up in this rain, Harry. And you know that she will find out. I swear she is a mind reader." the man says as he starts driving home.

Harry chuckles. "Yea." He sighs. "When will she realise I'm an 18 year old alpha though? I can take care of myself."

Don't get him wrong, Harry loves his mum. But she is very overprotective of her only son. Since Gemma, her daughted, left for university anyways. She just wants her youngest child to forever live with her.

"You know she just loves you, son."

Harry leans his head against the head rest and turns his head to look at his father with a small smile. "I know. And I love her." He adds "And you, obviously." after his dad gave him a sad pout.

Both alphas chuckle, but are quiet as bright lights shine into their car. They stare wide eyed at the car speeding directly towards them. The older wolf starts turning the wheel, trying to get out of the way of that car.

But the road is wet and a bit icy so the car starts to get out of control. Before anyone could do something Harry watches the other car drive full speed against their car, hitting the drivers side full on.

Before he knows it he blacks out and is enveloped in darkness.

-

"Harry, darling. We really have to leave now." the woman says, stopping behind the boy, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Harry is staring at the tomb stone, not reacting to his mother's words.

In loving memory of

Robin Twist

Loving husband, mate, father and brother

You will always be remembered

He doesn't say anything as he places his hands on the wheels of his wheelchair and turns it around. He rolls past his mother towards the car. He hates cars since the accident happened, but he has to get in it to move on.

Well, moving on is a big thing. Harry isn't sure if he will ever move on. The guilt will always be there so he will probably die lonely and depressed.

As he should. He doesn't deserve love or anything good. Why should he? He killed his father!

How Harry wished it was him and not his dad who died in this crash...

--&--

So this is the prologue to this story. Hope you guys like it.

I have absolutely no idea how often and when I will update, but this story idea lingered in my head for a while now so I decided to just start it. Let's see where it goes, huh?

Love you all!💕