Five

"Harry? You've been acting strange the last week. What's wrong?" Anne asks as he looks into her son's room after she knocked.

Harry - who has his left arm covering his eyes - doesn't react. Part of him hopes that his mum will leave, the other part wants her to stay and ask further so he can pour his heart out to her.

Since the incident with that letter and Liam giving him a piece of his mind he feels like shit. Louis didn't show up at school for three days and the always stayed as far away from Harry as possible.

It hurts, but he deserves it.

Anne seems to know what Harry feels, because she decides ask further. She walks into the room, closing the door gently. The female omega sits down next to her son's legs, placing her hand on his thigh knowing he won't feel it.

"What's wrong honey? Did something happen at school?" she asks sounding so concerned that it breaks Harry's heart.

Harry's brain is conflicted because why would she care? He killed her husband - her mate. But she is also his mother and a mother's love towards their child never dies, right?

Harry sighs and moves his arm away. He pushes himelf up and moves so he can lean against the headboard of his bed.

"I found my soulmate." he admits in a whisper, not looking at his mum. His green eyes are locked onto his unmoving thighs.

"But that's lovely, Harry!" Anne cheers sounding very excited.

But the alpha just shakes his head and closes his eyes. "But I don't want him." he breathes out.

It hurts to say, but it's true. The truth hurts.

Anne is quiet for a few seconds before daring to ask why.

Harry looks at his mother, tears in his eyes. "Because I hurt the people I love most. I hurt you by killing dad and I will hurt him and already did. I'm in a wheelchair. I can't take proper care of him. And he is already so hurt." Harry is sure his mum can see the pain in his eyes. "And what if he realises what I did to dad? When he realises I'm not worth it because I'm a cripple. I already..." He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes shut once more, this time tighter to stop tears from escaping. "I already lost dad. I can't loose more people." he says quietly.

Anne moves and pulls his upper body forward to hug her son tightly. "Oh darling, no." she whispers. "I told you before; Your fathers death is not your fault. It was the guy who decided to drink and drive." she says quietly, rubbing Harry's back soothingly. "You only hurt me by shuting me out. Since the accident I am hurting because you don't talk to me anymore. You always used to talk to me and that just stopped. And I miss your music. It used to fill my heart with love and warmth." she says.

Harry pulls away and looks at his mum's face, scanning it for any indication that she is lying. "But I was still an ass to my mate and I'm sure he doesn't want me anyways. He will leave me sooner or later."

Anne takes a deep breath. "Baby, the truth is, everyone leaves." she claims quietly. "By choice or because they have to. You can't stop that and you can't stop living your life because you're scared. It doesn't matter if someone leaves, it matters how long they choose to stay; how much effort they put in. Everyone leaves, hun. Everyone." She takes her son's hands as he looks away.

"I know that doesn't make the beginning or the end any easier but, you always have the middle; you have all the accomplishments, and the fun. And the good moments, and the bad ones too." Harry looks back up at her again, seeing her smile softly at him. "When days get really hard, even the bad memories bring you some comfort. Because you remember the good moments that came from them. Hun, you can't be scared of life, you just have to live it. Bare your soul to the world; that's the beauty of it, you don't know what's going to happen. I know that's the scary part but, that's also the great part." She places her hand on Harry's cheek.

"You're going to be okay. It's all going to be alright. I know it's scary now, and I know you're afraid - and it's okay to be afraid. Life's showed you that." She lets her hand glide back down, stopping on his shoulder, resting on top of it. "And I've always been scared, of everything and everyone. I've just... always feared the worst in people. But one day life showed me that these things happen." She shrugs.

"You're going to meet bad people and you're gonna understand why natural disasters are named after them; they take the most beautiful places and turn them ugly. Because whenever you go there you think of them and you think of the hurt they caused. But hun, we all grow up, we all get older and we forgive. Even if we don't notice that we're forgiving. One day you wake up and it doesn't hurt as much. Yes, it'll always be there, but... it's not the same. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes that's the best thing that could ever happen. Just know that wherever you go, whatever you do or whoever you become; somebody loves you. It doesn't even matter if it's now or if it's tomorrow or if it's a year from now. Someone loves you and-or someone is waiting to love you. Someone is waiting to give you all that they have. Maybe this situation isn't working out for you now, but maybe the next one will. I know they say 'There isn't always tomorrow.' and I guess they're right. There isn't. But at the same time, there is. Despite the bad things that happen in your life you have to be content with it, because it is your life regardless. We only have one, from what we know. Just go out there. Just... have fun, kid." she says, ending with a smile.

Before Harry could come up with something to say Anne gets up, kisses his forehead and leaves the room, gently closing the door. The green eyed boy looks at the closed door for a minute, letting everything his mum said sink in.

His eyes slowly move to one of the corners of his room. There is his guitar he hasn't touched since the accident. His mum placed it there in hopes he would pick it up one day and just... play.

Maybe this day is today.

He leans over the edge of his bed and pulls his wheelchair towards the bed. By now he is rather confident in moving in and out if that metal thing with wheels so it's doesn't take long for him to roll to the guitar and placing it on his lap. He then proceeds to roll to his desk and there he takes his notebook.

With quick work he opens a page he has some words scribbled down. He takes the guitar and starts tuning it. It's pretty out of tune since it was only lying around and no one used it for a few months.

He starts to play a few easy chords and hums to it the words he already wrote down. If he thinks the chords fit he writes them down as well.

-

Two hours later he starts from the beginning. He just wrote a whole song nearly from scratch.

Harry plays the first chords to sing the song through from start to finish for the first time.

"If I could fly..."

--&--

I wrote the whole thing in maybe two hours with a few breaks for showering and eating and deciding which song Harry should write...

Do you think Harry reached a turning point? What do you think will happen next?

The things Anne said are from a video I found on YouTube long ago. I wanted to use it in one of my stories that isn't published anymore.

Here is the video for it, if you wanna listen to it.

Anyways! Hope you liked it and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Love y'all💕